**2016 Films Thread**

Brian

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 6, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
Anyone else excited for Deadpool. All I've heard from so called movie experts who have seen it is that it's brilliant and hilarious. Can't wait for next weekend!

Of course. We talk about it in the Marvel thread.

Hail Cesear was ok. Had some good scenes but when it ended I wondered what the point was.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 6, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
Of course. We talk about it in the Marvel thread.

Hail Cesear was ok. Had some good scenes but when it ended I wondered what the point was.

Damn. Not surprised though, nothing about the movie looked interesting except for "directed by Joel and Ethan Cohen"

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 6, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
Damn. Not surprised though, nothing about the movie looked interesting except for "directed by Joel and Ethan Cohen"

I don't regret seeing it. The homages to 50s Hollywood are good and the wit is there. Just the big picture wasn't clear until I read up on it after.

Another teaser for 10 Cloverfield Lane was dropped right before the Superbowl. Parts of the movie do take place outside of the bunker...the question is how much. It was another great teaser, just showing enough to get your attention and want more. I wonder if they'll do another viral marketing campaign like with Cloverfield.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 6, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
Anyone else excited for Deadpool. All I've heard from so called movie experts who have seen it is that it's brilliant and hilarious. Can't wait for next weekend!

I was a big fan of the comic - and Ryan Reynolds captures him perfectly, it seems. very excited.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
Finally saw Hateful Eight. I wanted to like it, but no. That's two in a row from Tarantino that just didn't do anything for me. It had the feel of a diluted (over the course of 3 hours) Civil War-era Reservoir Dogs prequel. Of the last two, I preferred Django.

yeah i agree with what you are saynig.

i also didn't like hail cesear i tried to like it, but i know this is my opinion and i really don't have a sense of humor.

yesterday, i watch "the secret in their eyes". it was with julia roberts and others.

i really liked the movie and am impress with julia acting. she has gotten better as an actress. her real life husband is did the cinematography for the movie. lets put it this way, he really did no favors on getting the less glamours shots, the most unkempt shots, the beastly shots of julia roberts.

it worked.

about 1/2 into the film, i realize i was a spanish version of this movie with english subtitles. i believe it was an award for best foreign movie.

well there was some difference, but it was, at least for me, well worth it.

the spanish movie, watching and reading the english subs, esp when they do it fast..... well, i just don't know.

i just saw 2 movies,

Risen, it was entertaining, enjoyable. they took liberties with the the actual story, i think, i need to go and do some reading. side-note, Joseph Fiennes really bulk up for this role. what was so weird was seeing the old Draco Malfoy from the harry potter fame, Tom Felton acting without a wand.

the next movie i saw was Gods of Egypt.

i really didn't read up or read the plot. it was again entertaining, a family kind of movie. the movie is a mixture of the old disney movie Sinbad the Sailor and a huge part of the Mummy series with Brandon Frazier.

both decent movies, family, nothing to write home about.

Well, there's Michael Keaton on the stage of the Oscars ... again, as one of the pieces of a great movie. Just give him an Oscar for once! Birdman! Wow. This current movie on the scandal ... wow! Even fricking Beatlejuice!!! And Batman.

I love Michael Keaton.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 05:26 AM)
Well, there's Michael Keaton on the stage of the Oscars ... again, as one of the pieces of a great movie. Just give him an Oscar for once! Birdman! Wow. This current movie on the scandal ... wow! Even fricking Beatlejuice!!! And Batman.

I love Michael Keaton.

i know, i made a oscars post, but i decided to delete it, i was not going to stay up and watch it.

my movie won.

spotlight. excellent ... excellent movie.

however the movie Tumbo is equally great.

i don't know, Leo won in best actor ... i just can't see it.

the Brie won best actress. that was a tough category .... well deserve.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 05:59 AM)
i know, i made a oscars post, but i decided to delete it, i was not going to stay up and watch it.

my movie won.

spotlight. excellent ... excellent movie.

however the movie Tumbo is equally great.

i don't know, Leo won in best actor ... i just can't see it.

the Brie won best actress. that was a tough category .... well deserve.

I think that Mad Max should have Best Picture and Director, it's by far the most well crafted film of the year, great premise, wonderful editing, thought provoking subtext and great performances.

How did the Revenant not win, if it won Best Director?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 06:43 AM)
I think that Mad Max should have Best Picture and Director, it's by far the most well crafted film of the year, great premise, wonderful editing, thought provoking subtext and great performances.

I couldnt disagree more, Max Mad was a nice Sci-Fi flick but it lacked any depth whatsoever. Spotlight and Room were tremendous.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 01:43 PM)

lol, i guess it one of those things that poster / people will have a difference of opinion.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
I couldnt disagree more, Max Mad was a nice Sci-Fi flick but it lacked any depth whatsoever. Spotlight and Room were tremendous.

i agree in with the spotlight and the best director, i guess something can be said about leo movie, on the director keeping them acting without a lot of dialog. but i still have to go with spotlight. best movie should have the best director.

but i really enjoyed the room, spotlight and trumbo.

mad max was ok.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)

Ding! Mad Max won the awards it should have.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 06:08 PM)
From what everyone is saying about Gods of Egypt, far worse than San Andreas...epic failure.

i don't know, SA was horrible, with a horrible plot..

as far as the movie mummy series it was entertaining. but i can understand how some may not have liked it.