Brian

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 02:06 PM)
Had some time to kill yesterday while traveling, decided to give an old one a spin and watched "Boogie Nights" for the first time in about 5 years. I think that is a Top 5 movie for the 90's. It's really that good to me.

Boogie Nights never gets old to me, so many great performances in that movie.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
Boogie Nights never gets old to me, so many great performances in that movie.

I've still never been able to finish that movie. Fight me. Actually, don't. I'm outnumbered.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
Finally saw Winter Soldier...it was awesome. Was Ant Man any good? Looks horrific from the previews I had saw but curious what the consensus was?

AntMan should've been ridiculous but it was really fun and really good.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)
Finally saw Winter Soldier...it was awesome. Was Ant Man any good? Looks horrific from the previews I had saw but curious what the consensus was?

Don't go into AntMan expecting it to be anything more than a summer popcorn film and you'll be ok. Doesn't hurt to see Age of Ultron first to keep that order together, a handful of references, but plot line will still be clear.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)

What did you think of all of the Rainbows and Unicorns in Winter Soldier

Some people are saying that Daisy Ridley is a done deal for Tomb Raider, where she will star as Laura Croft.

The idea is that the film will be a four month shoot, and will be shoot in between Episode 8 and 9.

Warner Bros. is calling the film The Tomb Raider and the script is finished.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 12:03 AM)
Finest Hours was so melodramatic and you could barely see the action. All Chris Pine did was stand behind the wheel of the boat.

was it a great movie, no, but it was entertaining. i agree with your pov however if you look at all the movies with those parameters of judging, people can really tear apart every movie.

i guess i like the spirit of the movie as i read the story, behind the movie.

just my opinion.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
Jon Favreau's long overdue

Outside of Cowboys and Aliens, Favreau has been pretty much money his whole career behind the camera.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 11:19 PM)
Outside of Cowboys and Aliens, Favreau has been pretty much money his whole career behind the camera.

I think Iron Man 2 is terrible and although I like Chef, I forgot about it until just now when I looked up his filmography on IMDB. I was terrified when I read that he was the fallback for Star Wars if Abrams passed on it again.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 11:23 PM)
Zootopia was really good, but I can't see "young" kids liking it too much. Seems more for like 8 to 10 year olds, not like 5 year olds. FULL of social commentary, but a lot of great references for adults, including a Breaking Bad scene that was awesome.

my two year old spent about 20 min watching it and the rest of the time running around. He likes movies like Shrek, Inside out and Cars though so maybe its just repetition.

I'm sure it's just the nostalgic factor but wow am I excited for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. Maybe it's because I went into the first one expecting it to be terrible and came out pleased. By no means was the first one great but it was entertaining. Add Bebop and Rocksteady, Krang and Casey Jones, now it's just like being a kid again.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 05:04 AM)
I'm sure it's just the nostalgic factor but wow am I excited for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. Maybe it's because I went into the first one expecting it to be terrible and came out pleased. By no means was the first one great but it was entertaining. Add Bebop and Rocksteady, Krang and Casey Jones, now it's just like being a kid again.

yeah i agree and i am not really embarrass about seeing it and enjoying it. i went as i did for the first harry potter movie with a lady who had kids.

you know what i enjoyed it and i will see the second one, even if it is by myself. good entertainment.

Highly recommend HUSH. Just popped up on Netflix after appearing at Sundance or SXSW or both. Creepy but cleverly made. Main charaycter is deaf but being stalked in her house in the woods. Director uses sound in interesting ways.

I saw jungle book friday.

It was visually pretty cool! But it's a tough sell for me to watch a two hour movie with a live action child actor as the only real person in movie.

Also - the king louie song scene was very awkward. Not sure why they decided to do it that way.