**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 31, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
I think you can get Benevolent Leader with one settler and a bar.

That's what I did. And just throw some food and purified water in the workshop so it doesn't get raided. Pretty stupid actually.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing Quantum Break on the Xbox One and it was a really solid game, but the difficulty jumps up an order of magnitude on the final boss. It's not actually that it's hard, it's that it's f***ing cheap and your whole strategy you've been doing the whole game doesn't really work anymore. After about 15 tries (where it makes you re-load a cutscene to boot) I rage quit. Tried again that weekend and I got it on the 2nd try. huh.

I started playing Uncharted and I beat the game and got the gold trophy for all the treasure in about 6 days or so, there's 2 other gold trophies you can get if you beat it on Crushing difficulty so I tried that. I got past a couple of levels but... yikes, the AI rushes and flanks you and does headshots if you pop out of cover.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
I was playing Quantum Break on the Xbox One and it was a really solid game, but the difficulty jumps up an order of magnitude on the final boss. It's not actually that it's hard, it's that it's f***ing cheap and your whole strategy you've been doing the whole game doesn't really work anymore. After about 15 tries (where it makes you re-load a cutscene to boot) I rage quit. Tried again that weekend and I got it on the 2nd try. huh.

I started playing Uncharted and I beat the game and got the gold trophy for all the treasure in about 6 days or so, there's 2 other gold trophies you can get if you beat it on Crushing difficulty so I tried that. I got past a couple of levels but... yikes, the AI rushes and flanks you and does headshots if you pop out of cover.

That last boss fight was a bit confusing for me at first. I kept getting killed out of nowhere and then I realized he sends out orange waves that kill you on contact. Then I started running around whenever he was bout to use it and beat it pretty easily.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)
That last boss fight was a bit confusing for me at first. I kept getting killed out of nowhere and then I realized he sends out orange waves that kill you on contact. Then I started running around whenever he was bout to use it and beat it pretty easily.

Yeah, if you move, he cancels the attack. I was doing that and just kept getting mad that I had to keep triggering the cutscene over and over, you can skip it but it takes almost as long to load as the actual cutscene. Annoying.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)

Yikes, that's terrifying. I wanted to try to get the platinum. I beat it on hard and got all the multiplayer trophies, but wanted to take some time away from it before going back in on crushing. Hard difficulty had me swearing up a storm in a couple sections. That was part of my hesitance to go back in for crushing. I don't remember Uncharted 3 being super crazy on crushing, but Uncharted 4 on hard was a pain.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)
Well I had no idea NBA 2k16 was free on the PS Store this month. Gotta get my download going when I get home.

Sweet thanks for that, just started downloading it.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
It's great. But Mercy's ult needs a serious nerf. She's practically mandatory now.

True, it's too good for how easily it charges up. Increase the charge time and you're good to go.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:46 AM)
Pokemon Go is amazing.

I've had it for 2 days and I've already seen people parking their cars outside of a gym just to battle. It's pretty funny.

I played it a little today because a bunch of people at work were playing it, but it's like....stupid easy. You just flick your finger towards the pokemon to capture it. I haven't played any of the Pokemon games in well over 10 years, but I seem to recall you having to have to "fight" it to weaken it, then you capture it. Where is the challenge other than driving around to places looking for ones to capture?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 01:52 AM)
I played it a little today because a bunch of people at work were playing it, but it's like....stupid easy. You just flick your finger towards the pokemon to capture it. I haven't played any of the Pokemon games in well over 10 years, but I seem to recall you having to have to "fight" it to weaken it, then you capture it. Where is the challenge other than driving around to places looking for ones to capture?

It's more than just catching pokemon and I can tell you right now that catching the higher level'd ones are hard. I threw 10 Pokeballs at a Pidgeoto yesterday and caught it on my last try.

Battling is kinda easy as well, you more or less just point at the pokemon you battle. It's still fun though, since you can just bring the app up when you're at a new location and see if there's anything interesting around.

The sheer amount of people playing Pokemon Go is insane. It's so weird seeing all the people who show up for games with highly anticipated releases on the streets rather than the computer. My town is having a weekend festival and I swear more people are downtown playing Pokemon Go than for the festival. It's no wonder the servers are stressed out because the same thing is happening in every town in America.

On a game related note, got super lucky today and hatched 2 Pikachus, 2 Squirtles and caught a wild Bulbasaur. Plus, I picked Charmander as my starter so now I have all 4 starters!

I still largely have no idea what I am doing. Happened to stumble across a gym today. My only option was to fight some guy who was the leader? He ended up pretty much destroying all my Pokemon, as I had no idea what to do and I have never leveled up a single guy yet. It finally got down to my last guy, we each had a sliver of health left, the timer ran out, but nothing happened. I continued to attack for about a minute straight, but nothing landed and he stopped attacking me. Had no idea what to do, so I tried fleeing, but it didn't change anything. Ended up just force closing the game. No idea what the result of that was. Are my guys dead? This game badly needs a tutorial.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 02:30 AM)
I still largely have no idea what I am doing. Happened to stumble across a gym today. My only option was to fight some guy who was the leader? He ended up pretty much destroying all my Pokemon, as I had no idea what to do and I have never leveled up a single guy yet. It finally got down to my last guy, we each had a sliver of health left, the timer ran out, but nothing happened. I continued to attack for about a minute straight, but nothing landed and he stopped attacking me. Had no idea what to do, so I tried fleeing, but it didn't change anything. Ended up just force closing the game. No idea what the result of that was. Are my guys dead? This game badly needs a tutorial.

Yeah it does.

As for what happened, your Pokemon are fainted and you need to use a revive item on them.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 01:52 AM)

I actually was catching a Beedrill the other day and i caught it, and it popped out of the ball and I had to catch it again. I dont know if that was a glitch or whatever, but when it was rolling towards me it jumped out

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
I actually was catching a Beedrill the other day and i caught it, and it popped out of the ball and I had to catch it again. I dont know if that was a glitch or whatever, but when it was rolling towards me it jumped out

Not a glitch. Tougher Pokemon are more likely to escape.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Not a glitch. Tougher Pokemon are more likely to escape.

Yup, you need better pokeballs that improve the chances of catching better pokemon.

also this was bound to start happening sooner than later.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/10/armed-rob...sed-pokemon-go/

It's pretty funny to be outside at midnight and there's an empty parking lot of a church with 3 cars full of people in it, and you see the glow of everyone's phone and someone yells out "WHAT TEAM ARE YOU ON?" Then you go slowly cruise to another spot nobody ever actually goes to and see a car you just saw.