2016-2017 NFL Thread

Interesting tweet from Dan Durkin:

Last night, #Bears GM Ryan Pace stressed the importance/value he and his scouts put on arm length for all positions, not just OL/DL.

Gives some insight. Hopefully that um...actuallly matters.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Interesting tweet from Dan Durkin:

Last night, #Bears GM Ryan Pace stressed the importance/value he and his scouts put on arm length for all positions, not just OL/DL.

Gives some insight. Hopefully that um...actuallly matters.

I knew this. It was a factor with Lawson and Spence. Would have had shortest arms of any EDGE player tha Fox and Fangio have ever drafted. It's also a reason why I believed that they had no interest in Vernon Hargreaves. Chris Jones is 6-5 310 with 34.5 inch arms. I really hope he's the pick at #41.

A front 7 of Goldman, Hicks, Jones, Trevathan, Freeman, McPhee, and Floyd would be nasty.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
I knew this. It was a factor with Lawson and Spence. Would have had shortest arms of any EDGE player tha Fox and Fangio have ever drafted. It's also a reason why I believed that they had no interest in Vernon Hargreaves. Chris Jones is 6-5 310 with 34.5 inch arms. I really hope he's the pick at #41.

A front 7 of Goldman, Hicks, Jones, Trevathan, Freeman, McPhee, and Floyd would be nasty.

Well damn, now that you put it that way....thats a solid crew they are putting together there.

So they try to move up to grab one of the best players in the draft but can't do it. Then, as can only happen in the NFL, the overall best player in the draft falls like a rock. The Bears size on that opportunity to draft......Grandpa Leonard, the guy about whom every conversation starts with a list of excuses as to why he's so old they had to carbon date him and he didn't do anything at Georgia.

Pace seems pretty good at drafting in later rounds, but I get the feeling he has no idea how to draft in the 1st. Two very bad picks in a row.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)
So they try to move up to grab one of the best players in the draft but can't do it. Then, as can only happen in the NFL, the overall best player in the draft falls like a rock. The Bears size on that opportunity to draft......Grandpa Leonard, the guy about whom every conversation starts with a list of excuses as to why he's so old they had to carbon date him and he didn't do anything at Georgia.

Pace seems pretty good at drafting in later rounds, but I get the feeling he has no idea how to draft in the 1st. Two very bad picks in a row.

The conjecture in this one post is enough to last me til the season starts. Thanks.

White was a great pick and the best player on the board. he'll prove that this year. Dude is a stud.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
The Bears size on that opportunity to draft......Grandpa Leonard, the guy about whom every conversation starts with a list of excuses as to why he's so old they had to carbon date him and he didn't do anything at Georgia.

Wow.

You're a pretty rude individual.

Mercy.

Did White even have any medical red flags going into the draft? I don't know how you can call him a "very bad pick." Leonard Floyd hasn't even stepped on the football field yet and he's already a bad pick.

Kyle Long is the best 1st round pick the Bears have made in years and that dude only started a handful of games in college. Plus I'm fairly certain he was on the older side as well.

Let this s*** play out man.

Kyle Long is the best 1st round pick the Bears have made in years

ugh don't remind me...

Kevin White has done nothing for the Bears as a #7 overall pick. He's a bust until further notice, and we don't know how much the Bears knew or didn't know about his shin because they are such an untrustworthy organization. He can still turn it around, he's about the same age Floyd is, but we all can sense where that one is headed.

As for Floyd, he's a rail thin player that won't be able to stand up to NFL OL unless he gets on those sweet, sweet NFL roids for a year. At which point he'll be 25 and have only 2 or 3 years left at his physical peak. Not that I think it will matter, the guy couldn't produce in college despite being older than most of his competition. Oh wait nvn that's the coaches fault my bad.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
And just to add...with them fortifying the front 7 it is only going to make the mediocre play in the secondary look better. Life will be easier for Fuller and Amos for sure.

The secondary actually played pretty well considering what they had up front. A DE like Reed, Jones or Ward to go along with Floyd will make them that much better.

(Still not a fan of the Lloyd pick)

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 02:41 PM)
ugh don't remind me...

Kevin White has done nothing for the Bears as a #7 overall pick. He's a bust until further notice, and we don't know how much the Bears knew or didn't know about his shin because they are such an untrustworthy organization. He can still turn it around, he's about the same age Floyd is, but we all can sense where that one is headed.

As for Floyd, he's a rail thin player that won't be able to stand up to NFL OL unless he gets on those sweet, sweet NFL roids for a year. At which point he'll be 25 and have only 2 or 3 years left at his physical peak. Not that I think it will matter, the guy couldn't produce in college despite being older than most of his competition. Oh wait nvn that's the coaches fault my bad.

LOL

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 02:41 PM)
ugh don't remind me...

lol

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
PR nightmare.

It's really not. They'll protect him and answer some questions for a few weeks then for the most part it'll go away because the picture and text messages just aren't a big deal for Tunsil.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
It's really not. They'll protect him and answer some questions for a few weeks then for the most part it'll go away because the picture and text messages just aren't a big deal for Tunsil.

Unless he is really going through some crazy stuff right now. Who knows what is going to happen next with this guy.

He might end up looking for a real job like Barkevious Mingo if this downward spiral continues.