2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
Still 0 turnovers from Hoyer since he took over. Not a fan of his arm obviously, but that's a nice welcome.

It's fools gold, hasn't attempted a single deep pass, work short to mid you can complete a lot of passes, just won't lead to many points.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
It's fools gold, hasn't attempted a single deep pass, work short to mid you can complete a lot of passes, just won't lead to many points.

It's pretty much Grossman vs Orton all over again. You wanna take the guy with the million dollar arm but 10 cent head or the guy who can manage a game, but can't throw 20+ yards to save his life.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
It's pretty much Grossman vs Orton all over again. You wanna take the guy with the million dollar arm but 10 cent head or the guy who can manage a game, but can't throw 20+ yards to save his life.

Knowing full-well that while the game manager is going to keep you in a lot of games, you're likely not going to win anything without a historic type of defense.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
It is absolutely hilarious how bad of a job Indy's GM has done building a team around Luck. One of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, mediocre at best WRs and RBs and a horrible defense.

Yet the Bears with a 300 yard passer, a 100 yard rusher and 100 yard receiver lose to them. Says more about the Bears than Indy. I am ready for Fox and Cutler to be gone after this year

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
Yet the Bears with a 300 yard passer, a 100 yard rusher and 100 yard receiver lose to them. Says more about the Bears than Indy.

The Bears are in full rebuilding mode. The Colts have a franchise QB yet only make the playoffs because they are in the worst division in football. The Colts should be a lot better than the Bears yet they almost lost.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)

I was at this game, and in person you could really see where Hoyer just can't make certain throws. He is quite literally the definition of a game manager. If the Bears had the defense to carry them, he could work... but they don't.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:22 AM)
Marc Trestman fired by the Ravens as OC.

Talking what if's with my buddy, what if the Bears had hired Arians instead of Trestman? And drafted Mercilus instead of McClellin? Sigh...

Chandler Jones was there too.

Although I remember being completely giddy about decastro falling to the Bears because he was such a highly touted guard.

What a perfect, perfect Bears game. Competed, showed some things offensively (even against an atrocious defense), Howard and that WR whose name escapes me continue to show promise, and they lost!

Also, that performance by Hoyer all but assures that Cutler has played his last game for the Bears right? Why would they go back to him?

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
What a perfect, perfect Bears game. Competed, showed some things offensively (even against an atrocious defense), Howard and that WR whose name escapes me continue to show promise, and they lost!

Also, that performance by Hoyer all but assures that Cutler has played his last game for the Bears right? Why would they go back to him?

Agreed. That's a game they likely win with Cutler. If the Bears are going to actively tank Hoyer needs to start from here on out.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 10:54 AM)
Only problem is that Cleveland is worse and still needs a QB. So they will likely have the first shot at the best QB.

If the Bears get a top pick I'm really not sure a QB should be the focus. I'm not really sold on Kizer or Watson. Bring in a guy like Garrett to build around and draft a qb later IMO. Look at how Denver and Minnesota are doing thanks to great defense.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 10:54 AM)
Only problem is that Cleveland is worse and still needs a QB. So they will likely have the first shot at the best QB.

True but at least they should get some sort of impact player or stock up in the later rounds if they want to trade down. Losing is key

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
If the Bears get a top pick I'm really not sure a QB should be the focus. I'm not really sold on Kizer or Watson. Bring in a guy like Garrett to build around and draft a qb later IMO. Look at how Denver and Minnesota are doing thanks to great defense.

Do we really think that the Browns will take a great QB ahead of the Bears? It will likely just ensure that the Bears dont take a bust because the Browns will have already taken that player off the board. LOL Not to give much credit to the Bears and draft picks but damn, I dont think you can get worse than the Browns.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)

Couldn't agree more. Perfect scenario. I want to see the young guys contribute and develop while still losing games. Better for the team's future.