2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
Tough night for Bausby

He was torched. Barkley looked very uncomfortable and very bad. I presume Bears have to think long and hard about what they do with Cutler. I presume he could play in 11 days, but do they ever play him again (and risk him getting hurt and thus the Bears being on the hook for him in future years) or will they fully stick with Barkley (and whomever they sign off the street). I'm sure Barkley will look better with some real practice, but if Barkley is going to finish out the season, we might not win another game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
He was torched. Barkley looked very uncomfortable and very bad. I presume Bears have to think long and hard about what they do with Cutler. I presume he could play in 11 days, but do they ever play him again (and risk him getting hurt and thus the Bears being on the hook for him in future years) or will they fully stick with Barkley (and whomever they sign off the street). I'm sure Barkley will look better with some real practice, but if Barkley is going to finish out the season, we might not win another game.

Unsure what you mean by this, I was under the impression that Cutlers contract isnt guaranteed in any way going forward, he is basically year to year now. Are you saying if he gets injured this season, that his contract somehow becomes guaranteed going forward?

I doubt Barkley starts a game. He is baaaaaaaaaad

Rebuilding kinda sucks. Especially when you are in the middle of it and know that you arent guaranteed that you will ever come out of it stronger. It all sounds like a great plan when it starts but throwing away seasons is something that gets old really quick.

Keep this in mind Sox fans that are Bears fans.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)

They owe Cutler nothing in future years regardless. Cutler is gone at season's end. Bears can save $14 million by cutting Cutler with a $2 million cap hit.

"Next man up" is a cute thing that coaches say but the Bears weren't really in a position to lose so many of their best players in such a short amount of time.

On offense they lost Grasu in camp, then Cutler, Sitton, White, Royal, Long, and Langford. The Langford and WR injuries didn't hurt that bad since Howard is better, and they have decent depth at WR, but it's still an overall downgrade.

On defense they lost Goldman, McPhee, Trevathan, and Fuller... ouch. That's most of the teeth in their defense.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 09:13 AM)
"Next man up" is a cute thing that coaches say but the Bears weren't really in a position to lose so many of their best players in such a short amount of time.

On offense they lost Grasu in camp, then Cutler, Sitton, White, Royal, Long, and Langford. The Langford and WR injuries didn't hurt that bad since Howard is better, and they have decent depth at WR, but it's still an overall downgrade.

On defense they lost Goldman, McPhee, Trevathan, and Fuller... ouch. That's most of the teeth in their defense.

Yeah, pre-injuries I think they would have been OK. Now? They'd get rolled by Cleveland.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:11 PM)
Did Floyd get hurt again late in the game?

It's possible. There was a run play where he tried to pivot and then immediately just stopped moving. He kind of hopped around on his leg a bit. It felt like a knee tear when I saw it in real time, but he stayed in, so I hoped it was just a tweak. And frankly, it's possible he got hurt later on and it had nothing to do with the play I saw.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
Lol come on now, read this sentence out loud

Sorry

*I really wish Connor Shaw didn't get injured

*Knowing now that the Bears would have a 1-6 record and 2 injured quarterbacks, at least I could watch one of my favorite college quarterbacks of all time play

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
Im guessing Jay plays against the vikings, and they sign someone not named Matt Barkley to be the backup. The only reason Jay wont play is if he actually broke that thumb, but I think he will probably play

At which point he'll hurt it again and then said backup will enter and suck.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Im guessing Jay plays against the vikings, and they sign someone not named Matt Barkley to be the backup. The only reason Jay wont play is if he actually broke that thumb, but I think he will probably play

It has been like six weeks now, right? It has to be about fully healed anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
It has been like six weeks now, right? It has to be about fully healed anyway.

Name a recent bears injury where the information we were given was correct.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
Under Fox anyway. Trestman/Emery was actually pretty forthcoming about this stuff.

Too forthcoming, lol

"Yea, Brandon quit on his route errrrr I mean i dont know what happened on that play I will have to review it tonite"