4/14 Games

Dunt

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
Not a great start to the year down on the farm.

It's early, but not a great start is an understatement. K/BB ratio is one of the important stats I pay attention to when looking at the farm (I find it hard to get too excited about a hitter if they have poor discipline), and here's how we are stacking up:

Charlotte: 20/82 (worst ratio in the league, highest K in the league, and 1/7 tonight), Opponents: 23/55

Winston Salem: 22/75 (worst ratio in the league, highest K in the league, 1/10 tonight), Opponents: 43/68

Kanny: 23/92 (2nd worst in the league, highest K in the league, 0/15 tonight) Opponents: 27/74

Only saving grace is BHam, who actually leads the league in walks. Engel, Alvarez and Narvaez are three of the most disciplined hitters in the system.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 04:18 AM)
It's early, but not a great start is an understatement. K/BB ratio is one of the important stats I pay attention to when looking at the farm (I find it hard to get too excited about a hitter if they have poor discipline), and here's how we are stacking up:

Charlotte: 20/82 (worst ratio in the league, highest K in the league, and 1/7 tonight), Opponents: 23/55

Winston Salem: 22/75 (worst ratio in the league, highest K in the league, 1/10 tonight), Opponents: 43/68

Kanny: 23/92 (2nd worst in the league, highest K in the league, 0/15 tonight) Opponents: 27/74

Only saving grace is BHam, who actually leads the league in walks. Engel, Alvarez and Narvaez are three of the most disciplined hitters in the system.

you paint a very dismal picture here friend.

The Sox bumped alot of kids up a level so the early struggles aren't that surprising to me. Then there's players like Engel and Michalczewski that were moved up despite having rather average seasons last year in A ball. Not that they should not have been moved up, just might take a bit to adapt to the higher level of competition. Plus, Michalczewski is pretty young for AA.

I'll be much more concerned if some of the minor leaguers haven't adapted by the time June rolls around.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 05:39 AM)
The Sox bumped alot of kids up a level so the early struggles aren't that surprising to me. Then there's players like Engel and Michalczewski that were moved up despite having rather average seasons last year in A ball. Not that they should not have been moved up, just might take a bit to adapt to the higher level of competition. Plus, Michalczewski is pretty young for AA.

I'll be much more concerned if some of the minor leaguers haven't adapted by the time June rolls around.

i totally agree, the object of minor leagues is to develop, while have those team do well, it would be nice, but in essence, it is more for developing the players.

for me, i will wait until june to decide.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
Recap posted.

Kinda surprised on Dopico getting hammered for a second straight game. He was double-promoted and I heard good things from multiple people in the offseason.

it was nice to see ej and webb getting some nice write up.

my second fav player, guerrero, didn't fare too well.

re lassiter is starting to make be believe.

nice write up.