***Gamethread 4./20 - Angels vs White Sox***

Bigsoxhurt35

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
Having Melky bunt while batting lefty and being one of the hotter Sox hitters is questionable especially with the bottom of the order coming up.Had to they'd put a runner on 1st to set up a DP .

On the other hand, a 2-0 lead with Sale pitching. After the bunt it was looking mighty impressive that we had a man on third, one out just two pitches after the single.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
Why is Johnson warming up? If we need a reliever it should be Danks relieving and Johnson starting IMO.

Because of johnson's success in the MLB?

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 09:13 PM)
Because of johnson's success in the MLB?

Johnson is a young righty and I'm all about 3 lefty, two righty starters. Also Danks might have some value in the pen. As much as I love him, he is not a very good starter.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
Bring him back out there for 8. Give Albers and Jones the day off after going yesterday.

Yeah try to see if he can get through it. I know he got hit hard around 100 pitch mark against the Rays, but today might be different.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
102 pitches through 7 for Sale. The 8th inning will be an interesting call for Ventura.

If Sale can get at least one guy out in 10 pitches, I'd go to Robertson and see if he can get four or five outs. Jones and Albers could use some rest and, with Danks pitching tomorrow, I'd be willing to bet that Robertson won't have a save opportunity.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
Johnson is a young righty and I'm all about 3 lefty, two righty starters. Also Danks might have some value in the pen. As much as I love him, he is not a very good starter.

Who hasn't shown he can get MLB hitters out. Let him earn his way into the rotation by showing he has learned to get MLB hitters out.