I AM SORRY FOR BELIEVING

elrockinMT

Just had to post this again. I have stuck with the team from 1959-2003 and will stay a Sox fan. However, we are fan's of the team and it's rich history and not just a group of players. We had some great displays this year and some really awful ones. 3 1/2 out now and I just don't see it happening for us anymore. You never say never as a Sox fan, but we have to accept our fate also and it is to be let down every year. I think we will see some changes & maybe a big one at the top before the season ends who knows. We will be back next year. I don't know which year was the worse. 1967 when we had the best final 5 game schedule of the teams in the Great Pennant Race and then lost the last 5, 1983 with the playoff loss to Baltimore, 1993 and the loss to Toronto or 2000 and the Seattle fiasco? Maybe this year because we never could play to our potential and often looked dead whie playing. I really thought this was our year.

I AM SORRY FOR BELIEVING

All those moments you mentioned were equally awful.

Those were all low moments.

I'd say this season doesn't match up to those, cause at least we made

the playoffs during the seasons you mentioned, except '69.

p.s. I read somewhere that without the Black Sox scandal the White sox

probably would have had a great history. The team was stacked and probably

would have won several world series.

We are hexed because of that scandal.

dont despair.... we'll get 'em next year ;)

people said that last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that,

people said that last year, and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,  and the year before that,

And some of those years, we almost did get them.

And then in some of those years, we DID get them.

Had it not been for the strike, that could have been our year.

Don't ever apologize for believing in and following your team.

It's what a FAN does.

Keep supporting the Sox if you enjoy the game and the team.

It's only foolish if YOU think it is, not if others tell you that THEY think it is.

I'll be there next year, hope in hand and ready to cheer them on.

Guest hotsoxchick1
You sound like a Cub fan.

Face it..... I'm 28 and I'll be dead before I see a White Sox WS Championship.

wow then things really dont look good for me every seeing one huh....... :o yikes.....wheres that fountian of youth when ya need it....

My rotting corpse will probably never be around to see a White Sox championship either.

I think you got a point there, a corpse isn't going to see any ball games because they are dead.

Good thinking on your part.

Did you figure that out by yourself or did you get some help on that?

Well, you might allow for ghosts, some people believe in that stuff.

When and if we win a World Series try not to be dead if you can, because I'm not sure about those ghost stories being very reliable.

How about you guys down below me there, what do you think?

:huh: :o ;) :P :D :lol: :rolleyes: :)

:angry: :wub: :snr :snr

Just had to post this again. I have stuck with the team from 1959-2003 and will stay a Sox fan. However, we are fan's of the team and it's rich history and not just a group of players. We had some great displays this year and some really awful ones. 3 1/2 out now and I just don't see it happening for us anymore. You never say never as a Sox fan, but we have to accept our fate also and it is to be let down every year. I think we will see some changes & maybe a big one at the top before the season ends who knows. We will be back next year. I don't know which year was the worse. 1967 when we had the best final 5 game schedule of the teams in the Great Pennant Race and then lost the last 5, 1983 with the playoff loss to Baltimore, 1993 and the loss to Toronto or 2000 and the Seattle fiasco? Maybe this year because we never could play to our potential and often looked dead whie playing.  I really thought this was our year.

I AM SORRY FOR BELIEVING

You were just a little kid in 1959, like what, 8 years old? I was going into my senior of high school back then.

I started following this team the year you were born. BTW..... My eldest son was born on February 14th too.

I thought this might be our year too, after getting Colon. Who knew how good Loaiza would be? Had I known that, I would have made plans for the play offs.

Well anyway, it all going to end like every other White Sox season I have ever watched.

Someone else will win the World Series. :angry: