Mat Latos DFA - Danish called up

Princess Dye

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 04:47 PM)
That's exactly it though. He has gotten praise at the time has made moves, but when they don't work out, people don't fault him for it. They instantly blame Kenny.

To be fair...not from all of us :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
Could it be possible that Hahn likes the financial security that the Sox present him with that NO OTHER organization could give him? Why go somewhere that if you fail they will hold you accountable?

No. Anyone with enough ambition to work his way up the ladder to be a GM is not going to take money for doing nothing. By all other account many other organizations were offering him opportunities to be a GM.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
That's exactly it though. He has gotten praise at the time has made moves, but when they don't work out, people don't fault him for it. They instantly blame Kenny.

If people gave full credit to Hahn without thinking that was done in part by KW as well then that's on them. Until KW is let go form this org I will always feel he has his hands in everything that is done with this team. I am not even saying that he shouldnt have a say, by his title he should. I just dont agree with him being a part of this organization any longer.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)

To me, this is 100 percent on Kenny because of his media takes. He goes to the media and says things like Hahn isnt big enough to go to JRs office and talk to him, and references the 3 year plan, etc.

He has created this uncertainty of who is in charge.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
No. Anyone with enough ambition to work his way up the ladder to be a GM is not going to take money for doing nothing. By all other account many other organizations were offering him opportunities to be a GM.

Yeah because people dont make decisions based on money? Cmon.

Sure they were offering him GM positions but thats not my point. I would rather stay with an org that I know is going to be loyal beyond fault.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
I see Hahn get credit for some of the contracts he has gotten done with our young pitching but I dont see a lot people running around giving him credit for other stuff. There really havent been many successes to brag about for Hahn since he has been the GM.

I agree. That's why if changes are to be made its not just KW that needs to go as so many posters here want. It's on Hahn as well.

I've agreed with most of his moves But I'm just a dumba$$ fan. Eventually if the good moves don't produce results, THEY need to go.

My only point all along is that it isn't just KW as many posters are doing the, this is a KW move.

You can tell Matt had no idea that it was going to happen today. If you look at the White Sox Snapchat, (4 hours ago) he was at RMH with Chris Sale, Jason Benetti and Southpaw pitching underhand to little kids in his jersey.

Edited by Steve226

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)

Sure they were offering him GM positions but thats not my point. I would rather stay with an org that I know is going to be loyal beyond fault.

At his stage the position is the key to what he has been aspiring to. You are the only one assuming other teams would pay him less to be a GM elsewhere.

I didn't realize that JR paid his people so much more than other teams. Most people call him cheap.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
At his stage the position is the key to what he has been aspiring to. You are the only one assuming other teams would pay him less to be a GM elsewhere.

OMG only less because he would be less likely to get over a decade somewhere else as he is guaranteed here.

We will have to agree to disagree ptatc. LOL

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
Could it be possible that Hahn likes the financial security that the Sox present him with that NO OTHER organization could give him? Why go somewhere that if you fail they will hold you accountable?

Hahn is a gigantic fool if he took a job in this organization but wasn't on board for how the franchise operated. He had at least half a dozen different organizations chase after him. He could have wrote his own ticket to a myriad of different teams. He wants to be here, and be a part of this.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)

Not if you didn't have any power. That would get around the league really quickly that you have no ambition and really don't care to work. He is sealing his own demise to never get another job as well.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
OMG only less because he would be less likely to get over a decade somewhere else as he is guaranteed here.

We will have to agree to disagree ptatc. LOL

Ok, but if everything you said is true. Hahn is not only a complete idiot with no ambition but also no one anyone else would want to work with.

And by the way I don't think any of that is true. He just isn't doing his job very well while trying very hard.

Edited by ptatc

Continuing our long tradition of promoting undeserving people, I give you Tyler Danish.

Pitching in a pitchers park. he was 3-7 with an era of 4.42.

If that doesn't sell it all, he's given up 5 or more earned runs in 3 of his last 6 starts.

Also 47 K's in 75 innings.

Nothing about that translates to major league success. This is a rush job and only reasoning I can think of is they are showcasing him as trade bait. Otherwise, you're better off with Fulmer and yes I know about the control. He's not ready either. But he's a higher prospect and they are both struggling so may as well promote the higher prospect.

QUOTE (ronkark @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
Continuing our long tradition of promoting undeserving people, I give you Tyler Danish.

If that doesn't sell it all, he's given up 5 or more earned runs in 3 of his last 6 starts.

Nothing about that translates to major league success. This is a rush job and only reasoning I can think of is they are showcasing him as trade bait. Otherwise, you're better off with Fulmer and yes I know about the control. He's not ready either. But he's a higher prospect and they are both struggling so may as well promote the higher prospect.

I get the feeling that Danish will only be in Chicago for a couple days as a stopgap, but who knows.

QUOTE (ronkark @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)

I think they are truly interested in seeing how the funky delivery translates to the MLB. It wouldn't be Fulmer as they don't want to take a chance of decreasing his chances of success if he's not ready.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
I get the feeling that Danish will only be in Chicago for a couple days as a stopgap, but who knows.

This is exactly it. The bullpen is fried, and they want a guy who can give them 4 or 5 innings in a stretch to save the pen, if needed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)
This is exactly it. The bullpen is fried, and they want a guy who can give them 4 or 5 innings in a stretch to save the pen, if needed.

Yes, they need a guy to come in and get hit around after Shields gives up 10 runs in the first two innings next game.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
I think the evidence would be that do you truly believe that a person so coveted by so many organizations would turn down all of those other positions to take one where he has no say or power?

If they answer is yes, I don't want him as GM.

If it's no, then they work TOGETHER. The decisions are mutual and they rise or fall TOGETHEr.

no other sports team does that. This isn't a corporation there's no "shares" there's no board of directors. It's a clear chain of command industry. There's a reason nobody else does it and that is because it never ever works. Funnily enough the Bulls are SETUP THE SAME WAY.

Gee, could it be that JR is just old and either doesn't care or doesn't have all his faculties in order anymore?

Nobody ever gets fired in the Sox org other than the guys a rung below the top -- some scouts, maybe a bench coach or hitting coach -- never the VP, the GM, the Manager.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
I think they are truly interested in seeing how the funky delivery translates to the MLB. It wouldn't be Fulmer as they don't want to take a chance of decreasing his chances of success if he's not ready.

lol. I also think they are desperate and have nobody better. Where are all the Don Cooper projects? Where are all the new Matt Thornton's or Sergio Santos? Not as easy to put together a staff when your pitching coach is no longer finding any gems and instead is whiffing on guys like Albers, Latos, etc.