Euro 2016 Thread

By finishing third Portugal might have actually saved themselves. Instead of playing on the good side of the bracket with Germany, Spain, and Italy, they play on the side without as many powerhouse teams. They do get Croatia in the first game though, so it's no easy task by any means.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Ireland go through!

The British isles has had all of its teams in the tournament go through to the knockout rounds.

I just want to see England go out before the 3 other countries. It'd be hilarious.

Edited by chw42

I wouldn't say disgraceful.

Football is all about strategy, after all....some teams that are outmanned just pack the box, try to trap offsides and play the equivalent of four corners in college basketball.

At any rate, watching the game from about the 60 minute mark in the second half, I didn't notice anything terrible.

Switzerland controlled by the ball more, had better possessions and probably the better team, and certainly had a lot more "close but no cigar" misses on goal, but that's soccer for you. Same thing obviously happens in ice hockey all the time as well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 06:48 PM)
I don't care that he gave up four goals, any athlete that competes in sweat pants is a winner in my book.

That dude just created a fashion trend for keepers.

Just saw the second goal. Joe Hart has been awful this tournament. He should have saved the goal vs. Russia, he should have saved Bale's FK, and he definitely should have saved Iceland's second goal.

Edited by chw42

There's no way Hodgson is going to keep his job after that. England has a management problem. Even if their talent is overrated, they clearly have a good enough talent pool to go deeper in these tournaments. Not even making it out of the group in the last WC and now losing to Iceland in the Euros shouldn't be acceptable. FFS, we've been better than England in big tournaments in the past few years and they've got 2-3x the talent, if not more.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
Lol at England. Holy s*** and listening to the commentary during that game was just awesome. They were just hammering England for their play.

The commentary was epic, they didn't hold back one bit.