Ticketmaster free tickets from class action lawsuit

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the list of applicable events yet.

My wife is hoping for Hamilton. I broke it to her gently that Hamilton will NOT be on that list.

Her account got 11 free pairs and like 17 codes. I have to try to remember or change my password to check mine.

I would think mine would have to be double of hers, I used mine all the time (until I forgot my password, LOL)

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (RegionSox @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
I looked yesterday and i had 8 freebie pairs and 8 discount codes and when i looked today i only see 8 discount codes. :huh

Yep, my free ticket codes seemed to have disappeared also. Now I just have a couple discount codes on there.

I lost all my free tickets, too. And this message now appears on the page:

UPDATE JUNE 21 1:35 AM EDT In 2003, the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster class action lawsuit was filed alleging that Ticketmaster failed to fully disclose to consumers all aspects of its UPS and Order Processing Fees. While vigorously defending the lawsuit, Ticketmaster settled the case in 2013, with the court granting final approval of the settlement in February 2015.

The settlement class includes all consumers who transacted on Ticketmaster.com from 1999-2013.

As part of the settlement,

Ticketmaster agreed to provide all members of the class a $2.25 credit on the future purchase of primary tickets for each transaction over the class period, for up to 17 claims.

In addition, a $5 UPS voucher was made available to members of the class who had used UPS delivery during the class period, again to a maximum of 17 claims.

Also Ticketmaster agreed to provide $5 million in ticket vouchers for select Live Nation concerts through May 2017, subject to availability and a cap of 17 claims per account. Given the tremendous initial interest for these tickets, Ticketmaster will increase to $10 million its allotment of tickets made available through May 2017. The potential for additional tickets will be based on the redemption rates of the discount and UPS vouchers.

To see a list of eligible events, visit: http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
In the limited time I was able to see it, all I found were concerts.

Was hoping for Jim Gaffigan tix, but no comedy shows on there at all.

Such BS. Ticketmaster sells more things than concerts. How about plays or things like Disney on ice?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
Such BS. Ticketmaster sells more things than concerts. How about plays or things like Disney on ice?

It has something to do with Live Nation shows or venues. Not sure why but it seems like thats the criteria.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)

I think the problem is that the tickets are limited to "general admission", most events like sports, etc have ticketed seats. I am going to wait a bit cause right now there was only 1 show at Northerly Island and the rest are Tinley Park (thats Chicago area, obviously Cali had an entirely different list.)

It seems pretty random, but the site said they will update the list randomly, which basically means you have to check a lot.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
It has something to do with Live Nation shows or venues. Not sure why but it seems like thats the criteria.

Yeah and given that I never bought anything that was LiveNation, I don't quite understand why that is my only option to be redeemed. Lousy lawyers negotiating some half assed settlement where only they get rich. One would thing if I am getting this settlement, because as a consumer I got hosed (due to some violation in laws), that I would be entitled to get back, similar type items. So if I bought sports tickets, I'd be able to get some form of sports tickets back (not saying front row seats or something, but like bleacher type seats or upper deck equivalents).

Class action suits are so random. Last month my company got a $500 check because 13 or 14 years ago some life insurance company sent too many advertisements via fax machine and caused "excessive fax machine accessory and repair costs". I'll take it, I have no idea how many we received but I doubt it caused anywhere near $500 in fax machine wear and tear.

I finally looked at my account and was pretty surprised to see 6 vouchers and 6 discount codes. I didn't expect that much. Unfortunately, of the list of approved shows, most of the ones I'd want to see have already sold out of their voucher allotment. Good thing is that more will come available since these don't expire until 2020.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 11:12 PM)
I finally looked at my account and was pretty surprised to see 6 vouchers and 6 discount codes. I didn't expect that much. Unfortunately, of the list of approved shows, most of the ones I'd want to see have already sold out of their voucher allotment. Good thing is that more will come available since these don't expire until 2020.

So I clicked on the voucher thing and it showed me the eligible shows but none of them are in the Chicago area? Is that normal or am I doing it wrong?