Robin Ventura should definitely, certainly be fired today

Buehrle>Wood

I have never been more disappointed in the White Sox. I can handle losing, I can handle trades not working out. What I can't handle is the same thing happening over and over again. There has to be a change and the White Sox refuse to make it. Someone needs to be a held accountable. Ventura is a bad manager, he needs to go. What other organization in professional sports operates the way the White Sox do? I am just going to stop watching White Sox baseball until Ventura is gone.

• Like 1

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
I heard a stat that Francona has had a +.500 record in 11 straight seasons - but hey, don't worry - you don't need experience. Ask Robin.

As much as I love AJ - and I think he could be a good manager. Blunt, honest, firery, smart, been a long, long time catcher - I just don't want the Sox to hire him.

Give me someone with experience please. Or a fresh mind set.

I'm completely done with this team - like done done. Awful

I think AJ as a manager would end up like Matt Williams for the Nationals. It wouldn't take very long for the players to tune him out and make him lose the clubhouse. Lol NOBODY likes AJ... well except for Hawk. Ozzie said it best while he was managing "Everybody hates AJ... we just hate him a little less" 😂

I really, really don't think RV is getting fired. That would mean doing something KW is loathe to do: admit failure.

If I had to guess, KW's spin would be something like: while this last month has been bad news, the first month was amazing so, taken as a whole, there's no need to panic.

Then some variation of "stay the course, they've got to work it out, keep grinding," etc., etc.

Which goes back to my theory: after 2005 KW decided he was a genius and a master team-builder. I can't see him eating crow and firing RV. I could see him throwing Hahn under the bus, though.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
Today has to be the day boys! Let's get this party started. Absolutely no way they keep him now.

Too late for that. At this point, firing Ventura would be scapegoating. Plenty of culprits to this mess.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
I think AJ as a manager would end up like Matt Williams for the Nationals. It wouldn't take very long for the players to tune him out and make him lose the clubhouse. Lol NOBODY likes AJ... well except for Hawk. Ozzie said it best while he was managing "Everybody hates AJ... we just hate him a little less" 😂

I do love AJ! I admit it! I'm from Ft. Wayne and watched him start his career here with our minor league team--then in the Minnesota organization. He was a punk then and still is but I love the guy. But I do think we need a MANAGER. Most managers were once players, but I think it's time for someone with more managing success than playing experience.

That's just idiotic.

Give him the infamous vote of confidence or say "we'll reassess at the end of the season," even if you have no intention of doing so.

Making no move to either support or criticize him basically means you're leaving him out to dry. Stand by him or fire him. The White Sox have had 4 1/2 freaking years to figure out if he's the right guy for the job or not.

If they can't do that STILL, then maybe those doing the assessment need to go, too.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 2m2 minutes ago

Rick Hahn gave same line on Robin Ventura: "I don’t think it’s in anybody’s best interest to comment on the status of anybody in uniform."

They won't even give him a vote of confidence. For an organization that doesn't like to telegraph its moves, that is a jarring non-statement.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 10:10 AM)
I heard a stat that Francona has had a +.500 record in 11 straight seasons - but hey, don't worry - you don't need experience. Ask Robin.

As much as I love AJ - and I think he could be a good manager. Blunt, honest, firery, smart, been a long, long time catcher - I just don't want the Sox to hire him.

Give me someone with experience please. Or a fresh mind set.

I'm completely done with this team - like done done. Awful

Francona had a losing record his first 4 years as a manager. So with your logic, Robin had a winning reocrd in at least one of his 1st 4 so he is ahead of Francona's pace.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)

Rick Hahn gave same line on Robin Ventura: "I don’t think it’s in anybody’s best interest to comment on the status of anybody in uniform."

Just waking up from a nap to see this. Way to have your managers back even if you're close to firing him. This doesn't shock me however because this organization is in shambles and ran like s***. It's no wonder this team doesn't win. They don't know how to from top to bottom. I expect another s***ty four more years unless they catch lightning in a bottle like 2005 or 2008.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
They won't even give him a vote of confidence. For an organization that doesn't like to telegraph its moves, that is a jarring non-statement.

Hahn has to be smarter than this. You either give him the dreaded vote of confidence or you spout a platitude like "we evaluate everyone on a daily basis blah blah blah".

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)
Just waking up from a nap to see this. Way to have your managers back even if you're close to firing him. This doesn't shock me however because this organization is in shambles and ran like s***. It's no wonder this team doesn't win. They don't know how to from top to bottom. I expect another s***ty four more years unless they catch lightning in a bottle like 2005 or 2008.

right, seems like the pressure is getting to everyone. s***ty answer by a guy that should know better and know exactly what he's going to say about RV the moment he walks into the interview room.

I bet they would like to take that fast start back. If they arrived at this point never having been in first place there probably would not be so much pressure. They need a shake up. A mid season manager change will not turn the clock back that far. But let's start 2017 in 2016. Sorry RV but it's time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)

I think the fact that Rick Hahn is in Boston is a bigger deal than people think too.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Hahn has to be smarter than this. You either give him the dreaded vote of confidence or you spout a platitude like "we evaluate everyone on a daily basis blah blah blah".

Perhaps I'm not well-versed enough in executive-talk etiquette, but I'm not seeing much of a difference between the bolded above and what Hahn said...

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)

To me, both of those statements are a form of, "We're not going to comment on coaching staff or players right now." And I don't see what's wrong with that.

Also keep in mind that the Sox front office tends to say what will further their cause, regardless of the truth. Given that most of the Sox fan base wanted RV run out of town a month ago, it would be counterproductive of Hahn to come out and publicly give RV a vote of confidence right now.

Right now, I'm hoping they fire Hahn and keep Ventura.

Just because it would be the opposite of the Bulls' situation...where the blame rested just as much if not more on the front office. I think most NBA followers would put Thibs in the Top 5-7 coaches in the game today.

Otoh, nobody could put Ventura or Hahn in the Top 20 even.

Heard Bruce Levine on the radio this morning and he said Hahn has not fired Robin yet because he feels the players are still trying hard. He said the reason they are bad are because of the moves he made have not worked out and it has nothing to do with Robin.

The circle of crap continues. No consequences whatsoever. When the heat is on Robin- Hahn steps in- When its on Hahn- Kenny steps in- when its on Kenny- JR steps in. And the cycle repeats. It kind of reminds me of the life cycle of the pork tapeworm, if not remedied properly, eggs of nastiness will continue to hatch and take over your system.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 08:17 AM)
The circle of crap continues. No consequences whatsoever. When the heat is on Robin- Hahn steps in- When its on Hahn- Kenny steps in- when its on Kenny- JR steps in. And the cycle repeats. It kind of reminds me of the life cycle of the pork tapeworm, if not remedied properly, eggs of nastiness will continue to hatch and take over your system.

Eggs of Nastiness is my new slogan for the 2016 White Sox.