2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
LOL I am not sure if you are being sarcastic with the Zipser love or if you actually are high on him like Gar.

No I'm really intrigued. He's a second round pick, he's probably not that good as he's 22 and was never a heavy minutes guy, but he has an interesting skillset. He was rated as a late first round talent that we got mid second. He may have been better off in europe for a year.

Read this:

http://www.blogabull.com/2016/6/24/1202514...-nba-draft-2016

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Summer League report:

Felicio and Portis are far and away best players on court, good to see of second year players, but like, the bare minimum of what you should see. Really would be nice if Portis can handle 5 in this league.

Dinwiddie/Grant...not dominating.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 04:46 AM)
Spacing is indeed an issue with this team in NBA 2k16. ;)

I kind of like the fact that we are going to be a nasty team. We have some pretty "tough" players. I realize it isn't the modern NBA, but lets be clear about one thing, the Warriors were really the team that changed that and its been all of two years. You can still win, other ways, and play a more physical tough game. Now you are going to need to have guys that can get to the line to do that, and both Wade and Buckets can do that. It is definitely a different style, but doesn't mean you can't win being different.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
I kind of like the fact that we are going to be a nasty team. We have some pretty "tough" players. I realize it isn't the modern NBA, but lets be clear about one thing, the Warriors were really the team that changed that and its been all of two years. You can still win, other ways, and play a more physical tough game. Now you are going to need to have guys that can get to the line to do that, and both Wade and Buckets can do that. It is definitely a different style, but doesn't mean you can't win being different.

I'd like to think the key to making this work in some way is Mirotic and McDermott. They're about the only guys who have a 3 point shot as a part of their game on the roster - with the other guys around them they almost shouldn't have to take a contested 3 all year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 01:57 PM)
I'd like to think the key to making this work in some way is Mirotic and McDermott. They're about the only guys who have a 3 point shot as a part of their game on the roster - with the other guys around them they almost shouldn't have to take a contested 3 all year.

Unless it is beating the shot clock or game clock, taking a contested 3 isn't very common.

I will say this, prior to his getting drafted, McBuckets was doing some skills stuff at my gym. He wasn't just standing at the arc firing away, they had him making all these cuts then passing him the ball to hoist up a 3. I saw him hit what seemed to be 20 in a row.

Edited by Dick Allen

It is a fun team to play with though. Really good at drawing fouls and I had a lot of options tied with 20 seconds left. Wound up taking it to the rack with D-Wade for the game-winner in Orlando. Very fun game last night.

I gave McDermott #7. Just a guess, but it looked good.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
So Summer League report:

Felicio and Portis are far and away best players on court, good to see of second year players, but like, the bare minimum of what you should see. Really would be nice if Portis can handle 5 in this league.

Dinwiddie/Grant...not dominating.

Stats are a small advantage in favor of Dinwiddie, but he also just looks a lot lot better than Grant.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Not yet. Almost not fair KAT plays summer league.

Just saw he isn't so, oops

Edited by Brian

The internets are trading Westbrook to just about every team in the NBA the past couple of days. Its so funny to read the comments section for these made up articles as if its a real possibility for their team.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
The internets are trading Westbrook to just about every team in the NBA the past couple of days. Its so funny to read the comments section for these made up articles as if its a real possibility for their team.

You will be unsurprised to hear that The Ringer NBA podcast can't see a team that makes more sense than the Celtics.

41af1c0f05f9c6e1b0b4f789214454d9.png

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)

Honestly, I can't see a team other than Boston landing him in a trade. I just don't see any other team giving up as much as it would take to get him, when they can sign him as a FA. I suppose the exception would be some form of a smaller market team who could potentially land him (who wouldn't otherwise be able to sign him in FA) or someone like the Clippers who have their own potentially expiring free agents they could dangle.