2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 06:18 PM)
A tale of two weeks. The movement off ball has stopped. The transition points aren't coming as freely.

Yeah, now all of the sudden it looks like these guys just started playing together. So many passes off of each others hands.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butler played fantastic down the stretch. I also liked the aggression that Lopez and Rondo played with. Offense looked much better, that said, defensively, we need to play a lot more consistent. That wasn't exactly a dynamic Miami offense they were going against. Nice to get the road win on a back to back.

I'm hoping this extended road trip to come helps allow these guys to gel. I get the feeling we will see Gar/Pax pull a decent size trade at some point this year (with the long-term in mind). My presumption is we will see the Bulls move Niko (not sure how much value he has given his pending free agency).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
Butler played fantastic down the stretch. I also liked the aggression that Lopez and Rondo played with. Offense looked much better, that said, defensively, we need to play a lot more consistent. That wasn't exactly a dynamic Miami offense they were going against. Nice to get the road win on a back to back.

I'm hoping this extended road trip to come helps allow these guys to gel. I get the feeling we will see Gar/Pax pull a decent size trade at some point this year (with the long-term in mind). My presumption is we will see the Bulls move Niko (not sure how much value he has given his pending free agency).

Mirotic is frustrating as hell. I went to the game against the Hawks on Wednesday, and every time he was on the court, bad things happened.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
Euro defense is swell

Defense is the one thing that will kill this team. Having watched a couple of weeks of the group, I think they will make the playoffs based off of talent, but be an easy first round out for two reasons.

1. They don't play defense

2. They don't respond well to teams that defend well.

They play much better as a team. Rondo hasn't even played that great, but he's still been an upgrade over Rose. Butler has been a total beast though and Lopez / Taj have done very well on the front court. We have been beasts on the offensive glass. Look forward to getting MCW back.

By the way, my comment had nothing to do with Rondo and him being a negative. I think any statement based upon one game and coming to a conclusion that we are better off without Rondo is a misguided one. Lets not forget we had that start of the season where we were 3-0 while Rondo played, so we are capable of blowing teams out. This team will take some time to gel and while Rondo's shot hasn't been there, he's still been a good passer and the offense is scoring points.

Butler thus far this season has taken his game to another level. Dude has been a model of efficiency thus far. Helps that on this team, you know who is going to get the ball late in the game and who the "alpha's" are vs. last years team where you had Rose, Pau, Butler, and even Noah (when he was on the court) all used to being at one point a top player. The problem was, most of them weren't anything close to it anymore, but they had that "expectation", which created so much of the clubhouse distractions.

If Grant plays D like he did last night, then he could have more of a future in this league then we thought. Still, one game, but obviously the guy has some talent. If he somehow pans out, then that Rose trade will look even better.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
I like reading this kind of articles, especially since I'm clearly Jimmy Butler's biggest fan on this site. Total fluff piece, but I am glad that we are still getting fluff pieces at this point in the season, haha.

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago-bulls/pos...s-back-together

How long until we learn of an injury because of football?

I was at the Bulls - Trailblazers game last night. Great game to be at! When my son and I got there we were pretty disappointed that Rondo AND McDermott were both out. I didn't like the bulls chances but turned out to be what Taj described as one of the Bulls' best games in recent years. Prior to the game Lopez was out for like 45 minutes just working on his outside shot. Also, Michael Carter-Williams was working out. What a surprise Jerian Grant was. He played a great game and Jimmy looked like a true superstar out there. He's a joy to watch. That's my one Bulls game for the year. I'm 2-0 now in Portland after going 2-0 in Utah.