Chicago White Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays 6/24/16

TheTruth05

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice win. Big crowd. This is what summer ball is supposed to be about. No need for those fans to watch extra innings. Good thing David got outta it. Everybody's happy.

-- Sox should let Renteria manage the games against AL Central and Robin manage all other games. Robin is Earl Weaver against everybody but the Central. Scouts should be scouting Central teams HARD right now as we play others.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 08:29 PM)
Why didn't Saladino just dive for the bag?

That's what he needs to be thinking about mentally....with runners on 1st and 2nd.

He took the most direct route to the runner. He would've had to go on an angle to the base and would've been late. Tough play he backed up and got an in between hop.

Awesome game.

Despite the terrible balk call, still hung in and didn't hang it up.

And Robertson - what can you say. That's what a real closer does.

Just a great win and fun game to watch. Great night!

*And I'm not banned!!

QUOTE (59th street @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 03:46 AM)
Truer words were never spoken! Too many miserable whiners just want to complain about every single thing. SOX WIN.

Are you crazy? The 'whiners' are happy we won! But we are realists. here are some facts to chew on as we AGAIN are out of the race in June. Have been out of it a while now.

Get this: To win a division (we won't get either wildcard; that is a given; got to win the division to make playoffs) you have to win games in the Central and have to win at home.

CLEVELAND is 23-12 at home, KC 25-9, Detroit 21-14. The Sox are a PATHETIC 18-17. That will never cut it. We are not built to win at the Cell again.

In the division, SOX are 12-18 vs. the division compared to 22-10 for Cleveland, 21-11 for KC as well as Detroit's equally pathetic 12-14. So obviously we are not whiners but realists.

I wouldn't count the Sox out completely for a wildcard, but they need to win games right now. 14 games before the break, mostly at home, then 3 at LAA and Seattle.

Next 20, they really need to go 14-6 because we know what comes late in the season- teams the Sox just suck against.

QUOTE (59th street @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)
Truer words were never spoken! Too many miserable whiners just want to complain about every single thing. SOX WIN.

The whining about the miserable whiners is actually worse than the whining of the miserable whiners

The ranks of the miserable whiners would thin, and the decibel level of the the whining would subside, if the organization could at least figure out how to put a team on the field that could play .500

I guess I'll never quite get the loyalty toward a brain trust who's expiration date has long since past

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 01:02 AM)
The whining about the miserable whiners is actually worse than the whining of the miserable whiners

The ranks of the miserable whiners would thin, and the decibel level of the the whining would subside, if the organization could at least figure out how to put a team on the field that could play .500

I guess I'll never quite get the loyalty toward a brain trust who's expiration date has long since past

What about the whining about the whining about the miserable whiners? That may be worst of all. :P

Edited by OmarComing25