DH

RedPinStripes

Ever since i've been a Sox fan , Uncle Jerry has owned the team. And there has always been 2 guys they switched at dh/1b. First it was luzinski squires walker, Kittle in teh early - mid 80's. And then Frank has been strictly a dh since Konerko is here. I think this idea is rediculous after seeing the weak spots on the Sox for the last 20 years. This team NEVER played small ball except for 1990 with torborg.

After seeing how Oakland used Ray Durham in the 2002 playoffs , i cant see why this team would want Konerko or anyone who is completly slow beside Frank.

Who said a DH has to be big and slow? Remember how we all used to get so pissed at JM for "resting players" ? I saw the twins moving the DH around more then anything. What's wrong with Tony G. playing 3rd or SS for a night or 2 and have Valentin / Crede DH? Or whenever they give Harris PT , DH Lee or Maggs. I dont see a point in a guy like Konerko who can hit for a half season and kills you on bases in key situations.

In a nut shell, I would like to see Frank play 1b on a regular baisis and use the DH to rest people instead of putting a hole in your lineup 3 times a week.

Any thoughts?

My Feeling has always been that if you have a guy that is fast and athletic, he should be on the field.

I can see the point your making though, and it is very valid, especially in this era when you good hitters play everywhere on the field. It's not like you need to use the DH spot for HR's when you are getting HR production from everybody.