BA transactions

MnSoxFan

Some of these I knew about, others I did not.

Chicago White Sox

Signed RHPs Giancarlo Alvarado, Jose Mieses and Enemencio Pacheco, Cs Jamie Burke and Michael Rivera. Released 1Bs Dustin Brisson, Eric Keefner, Leonardo Luna, Nate Rolison, Jeremy Todd and Eric Welsh, OFs Raymond Cabrera, Darren Ciraco, Derry Hammond and Bjorn Ivy, LHPs Derrin Ebert, Chris Jones and Michael Kesten, 2B John Lackaff, RHP Devin Rogers and Luis Torres, Cs Kevin Sullivan and Darvin Withers.

Bo Ivy was the kid with the great speed but his bat never caught up.

Keefner is a kid out of Chicago whom the Diamondbacks took in the 4th round out of high school, but he played a year of JC football instead. The Sox took him in the mid rounds a couple years ago and tried to get him back in baseball shape.

Too bad it didn't work out for Keefner, they said he's a great athlete with lots of power.

Yep, Keefner was always hurt in his 2 seasons with us. I was a big follower of Lackaff, he was a very good defensive 3Bman and had a clutch bat, but he was always hurt too. Ivy never progressed after a decent first season, too bad, I liked his name and speed too.