The other Fields

whitesox61382

I just noticed that Birmingham pitcher Josh Fields is putting together quite a season. Bajenaru has gotten a lot of attention with his great season(and rightfully so), but Fields has flown under the radar. I know that Bajenaru is equiped with mid-90's fastball, but what does Fields throw? I think it is worth noting that Fields is also 2 year younger than Bajenaru. There numbers are almost identical. Bajenaru has given up fewer hits and has more strikeouts, but Fields is no slouch in either catagory and appears to have better control. Rex, you are down in Birmingham, so what can you tell me about the other Fields? Anyone is welcome to answer of course, so don't be shy.

I like Fields, but his stuff is somewhat unimpressive........ He is an aggressive, bulldog type that has no fear. He also consistently produces results.

At this point, I like Bajenaru better. Like you said, he is a couple years older, the injury really hurt Baj, so who knows what he will be like two years from now. I think they both have a chance to pitch in the big leagues, but I definitely think Bajenaru is closer now.

On that note, don't discount Matt Smith either. He is a workhorse and consistently produces. He isn't quite as dominant as Baj but he gets outs and has solid stuff.