Huskies @ Terps

Novak seems to be taking it pretty well....Sounds like some of the refs thought cieslak was out and some didnt. o well, we did what we needed to do, show our win last year wasnt a fluke. Now we can concentrate on SIU, ISU, and the MAC. Helluva comeback by this team even though it fell short. Hopefully Horvath can come out and preform like a good QB like Haldi if Haldi cant go for a while.

I was at the game with about 400-500 NIU faithful. We made a lot of noise near the end zone on the NIU sideline...was hoping that it maybe got picked up on the broadcasts. The fumble recovery in the 4th quarter was about as exciting a thing as I've ever seen. Maryland crowd was dead silent and we were screaming our lungs out.

There was a lot of anger at the end of the game with the refs decision that Cieslak was out of bounds and to not whistle the ball into play. Still, it would have been nice had Horvath simply spiked the ball and given Northern a chance at a 53 yarder or at least a set-up play to the end zone. If the Huskies had another 30 seconds, I have no doubt that they would have won this game.

I have to say, Horvath looked awful in the first half, but great in the second half. He made some great throws and really looked in command on the field. The Huskies moved the ball with ease under his direction in the second half. The Huskies are in good hands with Horvath.

That said, after looking terrific in the first half, the Huskie defense, which I thought would excel this year, couldn't stop a very inexperienced Maryland offense. Granted, they spent a lot of time on the field, but played poorly. The d-backs looked pretty weak with the exception of Hickenbottom. The Huskies will really miss Randee Drew (I can't believe he didn't catch on with the 49'ers).

I was at the game with about 400-500 NIU faithful.  We made a lot of noise near the end zone on the NIU sideline...was hoping that it maybe got picked up on the broadcasts.  The fumble recovery in the 4th quarter was about as exciting a thing as I've ever seen.  Maryland crowd was dead silent and we were screaming our lungs out.

There was a lot of anger at the end of the game with the refs decision that Cieslak was out of bounds and to not whistle the ball into play.  Still, it would have been nice had Horvath simply spiked the ball and given Northern a chance at a 53 yarder or at least a set-up play to the end zone.  If the Huskies had another 30 seconds, I have no doubt that they would have won this game.

I have to say, Horvath looked awful in the first half, but great in the second half.  He made some great throws and really looked in command on the field.  The Huskies moved the ball with ease under his direction in the second half.  The Huskies are in good hands with Horvath.

That said, after looking terrific in the first half, the Huskie defense, which I thought would excel this year, couldn't stop a very inexperienced Maryland offense.  Granted, they spent a lot of time on the field, but played poorly.  The d-backs looked pretty weak with the exception of Hickenbottom.  The Huskies will really miss Randee Drew (I can't believe he didn't catch on with the 49'ers).

WOW, that is amazing! I wish I wouldve been at the game, but Im pretty young to be making that travel. Fleck got cut by the niners as well tonight. :(