couple of things

thelatinoheat_30

notes from saturday's games

Ryan Doumit, a switch-hitter, batted righty against Tim Wakefield in the second inning. He leaned his elbow into a 1-1 pitch and was hit. But home plate umpire Jerry Crawford ruled that he tried to get hit, so the pitch was ruled a strike. ...

sounds like crede's situation in oakland, was that the same ump that called it in oakland?

RHP Orlando Hernandez is expected to make his next start Monday, despite some tightness in a muscle in his throwing shoulder. Hernandez spent more than two weeks on the disabled list last month with a sore shoulder, but Guillen said this isn't the same problem. ``It's just tight,'' Guillen said. ``We trust him. We talked to him and he explained what was wrong. He said he could go Monday.'' ... Eleven members of the 1959 ``Go-Go Sox,'' Chicago's last World Series team, were on hand for Saturday night's game.

i didn't know this

on yesterday's game, guillen got lucky they came back to win. he never shoulda sent out freddy in the 8th, esp. w/ the lack of work our bullpen has had, esp. hermanson, coulda brought cotts in, and freddy ended up giving up a run in that inning. also, i thought everett had an awesome ab in the 9th yesterday. first 2 pitches, he was trying to jack the ball out of the park. w/ 2 strikes, he shortened his swing, layed off some tough pitches up, battled back, and helped position us for the win. but guillen has got to start learning cause those types of things will haunt him

later on.

quotes after the game

"It was my fault," Dodgers catcher Jason Phillips said.  "I didn't want to get beat with Brazoban's second-best pitch. "Rowand didn't seem like he was catching up with the fastball, but the slider was probably the best to throw there with first base open. So Rowand gets a chopper that goes directly up the middle. That was tough."

"I've always had trouble in the first inning," Garcia said. "I knew had to do something to help my team, so I tried to be more agressive. Maybe I have to prepare myself better for the first inning and not be lazy."

"Freddy got angry after the first inning," Pierzynski said. "When he gets angry he throws good. Maybe we should go down and punch him before the the first inning and get him going."
Edited by thelatinoheat_30

I did notice that after the 2nd, Freddy worked A LOT faster and was rolling. in the first and some of the 2nd, he was crawling. i kept on yelling, 'GET IT AND THROW IT!!' he just needs to come out and fire instead of lally-gagging around.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
Who cares if we got lucky yesterday, we got the W and that's all that matters.

I wouldn't call it lucky. Hell, we get 27 outs just like they do, and we scored more runs with ours than they did. At 26 outs, they have a win, but it takes 27.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
I wouldn't call it lucky.  Hell, we get 27 outs just like they do, and we scored more runs with ours than they did.  At 26 outs, they have a win, but it takes 27.

Good point, but i didn't say that we got lucky, i said who cares if we were.