Why all this talk about getting a starting pitcher?

FlaCWS

I think it would be a mistake to give up the farm for AJ Burnett. I live in south Florida and have seen enough of him to know that - while he has great talent - he's not a superstar pitcher.

Besides, doesn't this team have enough starting pitching? It's safe to say that Garland is no fluke at this point. Buehrle is one of the best and Garcia is rock solid. In the playoffs you can win with 3 starters, plus El Duque (if healthy) is more than serviceable as a #4. I understand Contreras is maddeningly inconsistent, but he's good enough to get us through the rest of the regular season as a #5 starter. In the playoffs he can be a long reliever.

To me, our issue is in the bullpen. While Cotts, Marte and Politte have been solid, Hermanson is a question (with the back) and Vizcaino is just plain awful. I'd much rather see the Sox add a solid bullpen arm (Guardado?) for maybe one good prospect, than get Burnett at the price of Marte (further hurting the pen), McCarthy and still another player. Not worth it, IMHO.

Thoughts?