Need some help whit some questions...

Luke_Sox

Hi!

I'm pretty new on the game of Baseball so i have some questions i need to ask. I know all about how u play the game, so my questions aren't really about the game.

1. What's the thing they have on the bats? you know the cylinder shaped thing? what's the uese of it?

2. Does everyone have to have a cap on the head? since everone wearing it including the coach. Or is it just some PR thing?

3. How many times is a Bat used? how often do they change, if it's not broken.

4. How much does a ticket cost to "The Cell" ?

Thx!

Win Or Die Trying!

QUOTE(Luke_Sox @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 06:56 AM)
Hi!

I'm pretty new on the game of Baseball so i have some questions i need to ask. I know all about how u play the game, so my questions aren't really about the game.

1. What's the thing they have on the bats? you know the cylinder shaped thing? what's the uese of it?

2. Does everyone have to have a cap on the head? since everone wearing it including the coach. Or is it just some PR thing?

Thx!

Win Or Die Trying!

wow...you must be a foreigner. where are you from? is this serious? no offense intended.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 07:01 AM)
wow...you must be a foreigner. where are you from? is this serious? no offense intended.

Hehe yea! I'm Swedish :D

And i've been whatching baseball for a while. And i was thinking about theese things but i haven't found anything about it on the web.

Stupid questions? yea i know. But i just wanna know theese things :P

Hi!

Thx!

Win Or Die Trying!

1. I assume you mean the cylinder they use while warming up in the on-deck circle before they bat, and it is a wieght that they put on there to help get loose while taking those warm up swings.

2. All the players certianly have to wear cap's while playing in the game, but otherwise it just is traditional to have the manager and all the coaches in the dugout wearing caps as well.

3. Some guys will use the same bat over and over until it breaks, others may change bats if they are in a bad hitting streak, and still others don't care at all and will pick from a few different bats depending just on how they are feeling.

4. The premium box seats closest to the field average around $34 or so. If you go out towards the outfield or into the upper deck of the stadium the tickets get progressively cheaper, i'm not sure how much cheaper, but I would guess still $20 is as low as they go. (certian nights of the week, they have sold tickets for 1/2 price in the past, we'll see how popular we are next year if that continues)

hope that helps! thanks for rooting for our White Sox over there!

QUOTE(Fingish @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 07:55 AM)
1. I assume you mean the cylinder they use while warming up in the on-deck circle before they bat, and it is a wieght that they put on there to help get loose while taking those warm up swings.

2. All the players certianly have to wear cap's while playing in the game, but otherwise it just is traditional to have the manager and all the coaches in the dugout wearing caps as well.

3. Some guys will use the same bat over and over until it breaks, others may change bats if they are in a bad hitting streak, and still others don't care at all and will pick from a few different bats depending just on how they are feeling.

4. The premium box seats closest to the field average around $34 or so.  If you go out towards the outfield or into the upper deck of the stadium the tickets get progressively cheaper, i'm not sure how much cheaper, but I would guess still $20 is as low as they go.  (certian nights of the week, they have sold tickets for 1/2 price in the past, we'll see how popular we are next year if that continues)

hope that helps! thanks for rooting for our White Sox over there!

Thanks man!

Feels good to know this, bcuz some of theese questions have been bugging me for a while :D

Hi!

Thx!

Win Or Die Trying!

1. I think you mean the warm up donut players put on the bat to make it heavier and stretch their muscles harder when the prepare for an at bat. Its not used during the actual play.

2. The rules require all players on a team to wear identical uniforms. While I don't remember them mandating caps, the visor on the caps serves the purpose of shielding a players eyes from the sun and the bright lights during night games. I never remember a team without caps.

3. Bats do not wear out unless broken. Some players vary the bats they use depending on how they approach a certain pitcher -Carl Everett goes to a heavier bat to slow himself down against hard throwers, counterintuitive but seems to work for him. Other players blame their bats when they are not going well and change bats just to change their luck. There have been players who used a single bat for the entire season.

4. Regular game tickets ranged from $14 in the upper upper deck to $30 for seats close to the field. Prices are jacked up for premium games, such as the Yankees, $23 and $39 respectively. For the ALCS I payed $65 for a seat in the upper uper deck.

Hope this helps.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 08:06 AM)
1.  I think you mean the warm up donut players put on the bat to make it heavier and stretch their muscles harder when the prepare for an at bat.  Its not used during the actual play.

2.  The rules require all players on a team to wear identical uniforms.  While I don't remember them mandating caps, the visor on the caps serves the purpose of shielding a players eyes from the sun and the bright lights during night games.  I never remember a team without caps.

3.  Bats do not wear out unless broken.  Some players vary the bats they use depending on how they approach a certain pitcher -Carl Everett goes to a heavier bat to slow himself down against hard throwers, counterintuitive but seems to work for him.  Other players blame their bats when they are not going well and change bats just to change their luck.  There have been players who used a single bat for the entire season.

4.  Regular game tickets ranged from $14 in the upper upper deck to $30 for seats close to the field.  Prices are jacked up for premium games, such as the Yankees, $23 and $39 respectively.  For the ALCS I payed $65 for a seat in the upper uper deck.

Hope this helps.

Yea, Thx alot man!