Sox vrs D-Backs Tuesday Night

elrockinMT

Well, I watched the game. E LO was simply super. The guy just kept coming after the D-Back hitters and never let up.

The offensive showing by the Sox was an exercise in futility and ineptness once again. I really think the hardest hit was the single by Loaiza. Frank did pull one into left to score Lee.

The error on the DP in the eighth made me cringe. If the Sox had been able to score an extra run or two with a runner on third it wouldn't have mattered, but the problems the team is having was just magnified when Jimenez couldn't get the ball to Valentin and then the throw from Jose went past Thomas, who maybe should have picked it, but it bounced back and he almost got the runner trying to get back to the bag. That's how it's been though all season: a lot of almosts.

The error on the DP in the eighth made me cringe. If the Sox had been able to score an extra run or two with a runner on third it wouldn't have mattered, but the problems the team is having was just magnified when Jimenez couldn't get the ball to Valentin and then the throw from Jose went past Thomas, who maybe should have picked it, but it bounced back and he almost got the runner trying to get back to the bag. That's how it's been though all season: a lot of almosts.

Jimenez had to hurry to get the lead runner, a speedy Womack. Even then he was safe because Val never touched the bag because DJ hurried the throw thinking DP. No way even if they got Womack would they get Finley also. He was already a step away from the bag before Val made that weak throw.

Jimenez had to hurry to get the lead runner, a speedy Womack. Even then he was safe because Val never touched the bag because DJ hurried the throw thinking DP. No way even if they got Womack would they get Finley also. He was already a step away from the bag before Val made that weak throw.

The call for us was that old umpiring called, "in the neighborhood."

Jimenez did have to hurry, but it was a play that should have been made. Errors happen but we seem to be really suffering from the inability to pull the plays off when we need to.