The thread to end the slump

BainesRules

Hey everyone, frequent visitor but infrequent poster here. Last year I got flamed after posting a rant about how I hate being a White Sox fan while they looked like they were going to give the division to Cleveland. We all know how the season worked out, so thought I'd try it again. This team is the most disappointing team in history. First, I wanted Politte cut, and he was cut. Then I wanted Widger cut, and he was cut. Now, I want every pitcher not named Jon, Neal, or Brandon cut, and that's just too much salary. Jon Garland is our best starter, and Joe Crede is our best hitter. We are the Devil Rays without the glamour. All I know is this: Pods still does a lot of little things noone on this board recognizes and the fans and media are about to have him run out of town...Thome hits more meaningless homers than anyone in Chicago since Steroid Corky Sosa...Mark is a head case...Freddy, I won't say it since you pitched seven strong in the greatest game of our lifetimes...Javy, you must be a Republican party contributor because you are getting away with stealing tens of millions...and Paulie, you're the freaking captain of the world champs, try some Rogaine and date a supermodel. Now that that's out of the way, I feel better, but seriously, we need dump Freddy, Javy, and every prospect to land Dontrelle Willis and Jason Schmidt (the offense and bullpen are fine), or dump Freddy, Javy, Mark, Thome (while he's hot), and Crede (I'm sorry Joe Clutch), stack up the farm system, and put up with 3 100 loss seasons while we wait for gravity to catch up with the Tigers and Liriano and Santana turn into Wood and Prior. Flame away-we'll turn this thing around. GO SOX.

QUOTE(BainesRules @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
Hey everyone, frequent visitor but infrequent poster here. Last year I got flamed after posting a rant about how I hate being a White Sox fan while they looked like they were going to give the division to Cleveland. We all know how the season worked out, so thought I'd try it again. This team is the most disappointing team in history. First, I wanted Politte cut, and he was cut. Then I wanted Widger cut, and he was cut. Now, I want every pitcher not named Jon, Neal, or Brandon cut, and that's just too much salary. Jon Garland is our best starter, and Joe Crede is our best hitter. We are the Devil Rays without the glamour. All I know is this: Pods still does a lot of little things noone on this board recognizes and the fans and media are about to have him run out of town...Thome hits more meaningless homers than anyone in Chicago since Steroid Corky Sosa...Mark is a head case...Freddy, I won't say it since you pitched seven strong in the greatest game of our lifetimes...Javy, you must be a Republican party contributor because you are getting away with stealing tens of millions...and Paulie, you're the freaking captain of the world champs, try some Rogaine and date a supermodel. Now that that's out of the way, I feel better, but seriously, we need dump Freddy, Javy, and every prospect to land Dontrelle Willis and Jason Schmidt (the offense and bullpen are fine), or dump Freddy, Javy, Mark, Thome (while he's hot), and Crede (I'm sorry Joe Clutch), stack up the farm system, and put up with 3 100 loss seasons while we wait for gravity to catch up with the Tigers and Liriano and Santana turn into Wood and Prior. Flame away-we'll turn this thing around. GO SOX.

Yikes.

The most dissapointing team in history? Nah. See: 2004 Yankees, 2001 Mariners, etc.

You praise Pods but rip Thome, Konerko, Buehrle? Why dump Contreras? 17 wins in a row just isnt good enough sometimes.

Again while I'm not positive of this, it appears he meant to make a purposely extremely negative thread to emulate the one he made last year which to him seems to have triggered our turnaround.

(Silly guy, it was the Rally Crede!)