rate my team

draft was today. How did I do? 75% TD - 25% Yardage League.

Starters

QB Kurt Warner - 10th round

RB Shaun Alexander - 1st round

RB Frank Gore - 5th round

WR Marvin Harrison - 2nd round

WR Randy Moss - 3rd round

WR/TE Jevon Walker - 4th round

K David Akers 14th round

D.ST Tennessee Titans - My last pick. I switch defenses from week to week - week 1 they play the disgusting NY Jets offense

BENCH

QB Matt Leinart - 13th round

QB Michael Vick - 11th round

RB Joseph Addai -7th round

RB DeAngelo Williams - 8th round

RB Laurence Maroney - 9th round

WR Matt Jones - 6th round

WR Antonio Bryant - 12th round

Edited by southsideirish

I'm not an expert, but my impression is that it's pretty good. Since the league is weighted so heavily toward scores, Gore could be a weak point. You may or may not be able to make that up off the bench, depending on those rookies come on. But you did well taking rookie rbs on high-scoring teams.

I didn't know Matt Jones was going so high. He could well be worth it, I'm just surprised.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not an expert, but my impression is that it's pretty good. Since the league is weighted so heavily toward scores, Gore could be a weak point. You may or may not be able to make that up off the bench, depending on those rookies come on. But you did well taking rookie rbs on high-scoring teams.

I didn't know Matt Jones was going so high. He could well be worth it, I'm just surprised.

You are correct about Gore, but after I took Alexander and my 3 WRs, there wasn't another back out there that was getting all the carries and also had the stud potential of Gore. I was looking at taking Chester Taylor in the 4th round, but he was taken 3 picks before mine, so I took Jevon Walker. To give you an example of what was out there, the next picks at RB after Gore were Droughns, Mike Bell, and Joseph Addai. Alexander may have to carry my RBs if Gore and none of my rookies pan out. I just figured no one would be able to match Alexander, Moss, Harrison, and Walker in our scoring system. We will see how right I am.

You are also right about Matt Jones, he went 1 pick later in the 7th round and Joseph Addai was taken 1 pick earlier in the 6th. I mixed them up. He has been going that high. I would have never been able to pick him 20 picks later, so if I wanted him I would have had to take him then. There was really nothing else available at that point worth taking. I figured it was worth the risk. Plus, since we start 3 WRs I figured I needed a good backup with some potential to be great. He was the only one I still saw out there that could do that. I really wanted Lee Evans, but he went a round earlier if you can believe that crap.

Question: Chris Simms and Byron Leftwich are still available. Are they better than Michael Vick? Should I pick one of them up and drop Michael Vick? If so which one?

Edited by southsideirish

No... Keep Vick. Leftwich has looked shaky, and Simms is still not 100% proven. I figure Vick will give you 5 scores will his legs, at least, and 15-low 20s through the air (improved wr corps + experience makes me guess around 20). That's pretty good for your backup. And I think Simms will have a pretty good year, but I'd still prefer Vick.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should have picked Reuben Droughns.

Over Gore? That is insane? Have you seen his schedule? Have you seen his offensive line? Cleveland has the 29th hardest schedule against the run. 7 games against top 10 run defenses and another 4 games against teams that are getting stronger against the run. 11 out of 16 games are tough games against the run. That is ridiculous. No thank you. Give me the potential stud in Frank Gore who plays in a very weak division and has Green Bay, Seattle, and Arizona in weeks 14-16 (my fantasy football playoffs). Don't you look at that stuff? Plus why do you just blurt something out there without anything to back it up? Just a question about something I notice you do all the time.

Cleveland's Schedule:

Week 1 NO

Week 2 @CIN they will be better against the run

Week 3 BAL #4

Week 4 @OAK

Week 5 @CAR #3

Week 6 BYE

Week 7 DEN #5

Week 8 NYJ

Week 9 @SD #12 amd getting stronger

Week 10 @ATL

Week 11 PIT #6

Week 12 CIN - they will be better against the run

Week 13 KC - they will be better against the run

Week 14 @PIT #6

Week 15 @BAL #4

Week 16 TB #7

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No... Keep Vick. Leftwich has looked shaky, and Simms is still not 100% proven. I figure Vick will give you 5 scores will his legs, at least, and 15-low 20s through the air (improved wr corps + experience makes me guess around 20). That's pretty good for your backup. And I think Simms will have a pretty good year, but I'd still prefer Vick.

Thank you for your advice. I will hold on to him.