Fan Satisfaction Index for 2007

NorthSideSox72

According to ESPN's rankings this year, the White Sox are 7th among MLB teams in "Fan Satisfaction" and 28th among all major sports franchises, based on a number of categories (see the link for details). Last year, the Sox were 5th/13th.

Other teams of interest...

--Angels finished first among MLB teams, 7th among all sports franchises

--Detroit Tigers jumped to 2nd among MLB teams, 12th overall, after being 26th/76th last year

--the Baltimore Orioles finished last among MLB teams, 105th among all franchises

--the Cubs finished 29th, second to last among MLB teams, and 98th among all franchises

Outside of baseball...

--Bears are 12th among NFL teams, 50th overall

--Bulls are 9th among NBA teams, 39th overall

--Blackhawks are dead last among NHL teams (30th), and 118th overall. Only four franchises in all major sports finished below the Hawks: Minnesota Vikings, New York Knicks, Oakland Raiders and the Detroit Lions.

Not sure if this belongs here, or in PHT, or in the Pub. Someone can move it if they'd like.

It really seems about right for all of them. It seems like the only thing keeping the sox up so high on the list is the championship rating though heh.

And the blackhawks coming in 118th is wrong, they should be in dead last. The only good part about them is when they give away tickets to their home games, but they've only done that twice, and who knows if they will do it again.

Arte Moreno may not get the credit in our survey for keeping prices low in LA, but fans know a bargain when they see one. Prices for the Left Field Family Pavilion - $9 for adults, $5 for kids - have gone unchanged since 2003. Ditto for the team's $39 Family Pack (four tix, dogs and sodas). And a season seat can be had for $6 a game. Moreno even had the price of caps slashed to an MLB-low $7 after learning about a fan who couldn't afford them for his kids. It's all part of bottom-third fan costs for a top-shelf product that has produced two AL West pennants and a World Series title in five years. Now that's money.

Wow, that's pretty solid.

hmm looks like im moving to LA. haha not really. Is it bad that if I want to goto a 'cheap' game I look to going to a brewers game..? First time I went parking was like $6 i was like in shock, and I got scapled tickets below face value! it was amazing, i want to go back