Looking for info for Sox Parking/Public Transportation

Heath

Hi all -

Not a Sox fan - but like to travel to watch baseball games. I have tickets for Sat. July 7th against the Twins.

I'm looking for public transporation help.

I usually go the Dan Ryan and park - but I've heard the Dan Ryan is a mess.

I'm coming up from Indiana - without taking the Skyway over - I figure I have these options-

1 - Dan Ryan traffic is overblown - go for it.

2 - Take a Pace bus -Go Go White Sox Shuttle

3 - Take the Metra Electric from Hazel Crest to Roosevelt or to Downtown and transfer to a Red Line going south.

Which one is the best option? Thanks for the info and see you at the park!

I'm not sure what part of Indiana you are coming from, but this is what I have done with success this year. Whichever highway you take, get off at Stoney Island and follow it north until you get to 35th and follow it west. I tried the Dan Ryan on the way home once and must say that I would have to be mad to try it again. If there is a good public transportation route from Indiana, I have yet to find it.

On a related note, you will always find friends here as long as you hate the Cubs. :P

QUOTE(Heath @ May 24, 2007 -> 06:44 PM)
Hi all -

Not a Sox fan - but like to travel to watch baseball games. I have tickets for Sat. July 7th against the Twins.

I'm looking for public transporation help.

I usually go the Dan Ryan and park - but I've heard the Dan Ryan is a mess.

I'm coming up from Indiana - without taking the Skyway over - I figure I have these options-

1 - Dan Ryan traffic is overblown - go for it.

2 - Take a Pace bus -Go Go White Sox Shuttle

3 - Take the Metra Electric from Hazel Crest to Roosevelt or to Downtown and transfer to a Red Line going south.

Which one is the best option? Thanks for the info and see you at the park!

They skyway moves fine. And your really only on the Dan Ryan for like 2-3 miles before u get off at 35th street. You can get off the skyway at stoney and that north and then hope on lake shore drive at 67th ish street. Lake shore has exits and 38th and 31st I think to get over west towards the ballpark. I live in flossmoor I have taken the metra before to roosevelt then walked to the red line and taken it to the ballpark its a pain in the ass.