Some random thoughts

YASNY

First of all, tonight's win, to me, was HUGE. We have been unable to complete a sweep. Tonight we accomplished that. The Twins have beat the hell out of us the past 2 seasons. Tonight we finished off sweeping THEM and have now taken 5 of 6 from them. We have reached the .500 mark. It always seems so hard to get there once you sink a few games below. Next, we could have quit when down 4-0 or down 6-5 in the 11th ... or after Guzman mave that game saving play on Maggs. We didn't. That shows me something that has been missing all year!

I'm wondering if the timing of the trades had anything to do with us not giving up tonight. The front office showed the players that they believe in them with those trades. Did this help the players really believe in themselves, instead of just saying so? ... Could be.

Will that EXTREMELY CLUTCH home run by Paulie get him going? I sure hope so.

Big Frank .... you keep leading like this, the team will follow.

I still believe we are going to NEED Bartolo Colon to go deep in the playoffs. I don't want to see him traded. In fact, he ran out of gas at the end of last season. I'm glad they are being careful with him.

I think Danny Wright is going to a be a very solid starting pitcher, but if we can get Ponson, Wright would serve us better in the pen this year.