Palehosefan

Flash websites  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of it?

• I like it
    • I tolerate it
    • I don't like it
    • I have it blocked

I just wanted to get an opinion from the masses on the usage of Adobe Flash in websites. What do you think of it? Do you like all Flash websites? Do you prefer HTML websites with some Flash integrated inside? Do you just prefer all HTML?

Just looking for opinions, as I design using some Flash and HTML and was wondering what the general public feels about Flash now. I know that some absolutely love it, like myself, and others absolutely despise it and have it blocked.

I like it, but I'm not good enough at it to pull off an entire site with it. Plus, it seems too cumbersome for a full site of content-rich pages that can be more easily done in html.

Here's a marine biotechnology site I wrote most of the content for and do the html housekeeping chores, but I had our real web guy do the Flash stuff and the javascript too. I like the Flash-based navigation interface, but it's not overboard.

I blame Director for my inability to do any hardcore Flash development. I've done Director authoring (CD_ROM and museum kiosk-type deliverables)for more than 15 years, but I have been unable to grok Flash from a developer's standpoint. I hate the authoring interface and I think it's really counter-intuitive compared to Director. I'd have expected an easier jump between products both originally put out bu Macromedia, but I've been unsuccessful so far.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
I just wanted to get an opinion from the masses on the usage of Adobe Flash in websites. What do you think of it? Do you like all Flash websites? Do you prefer HTML websites with some Flash integrated inside? Do you just prefer all HTML?

Just looking for opinions, as I design using some Flash and HTML and was wondering what the general public feels about Flash now. I know that some absolutely love it, like myself, and others absolutely despise it and have it blocked.

Hmmm. :D

lol Kap.

That's a nice, clean site FlaSoxx, nice job.

I have recently started learning ActionScript 3, which is basically Java's twin brother, and XML with Flash. It's pretty neat stuff, letting other's be able to add content to the site without much web knowledge.

Anyways, thanks for the responses.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
lol Kap.

That's a nice, clean site FlaSoxx, nice job.

I have recently started learning ActionScript 3, which is basically Java's twin brother, and XML with Flash. It's pretty neat stuff, letting other's be able to add content to the site without much web knowledge.

Anyways, thanks for the responses.

I'm trying to learn XML now. I have a $100K science-education exhibit installation at my marine center that is a large spherical projection system called a Magic Planet (examples here) that I need to write XML for to customize exhibit content. It's not that it is overly difficult, it just seems clunky compared to Lingo and I don't have any time to put into it.