UPDATED Frank standings

Be Good

Guest hotsoxchick1

i believe at last check he was in a close second........look a few posts down from this one.. i think someone put that there when i asked where the numbers were for the voting............

i believe at last check he was in a close second........look a few posts down from this one.. i think someone put that there when i asked where the numbers were for the voting............

OK thanks sweety pie

Update from MLB:

Chicago White Sox first baseman Frank Thomas, hoping for a chance to play on his home field at next week's All-Star Game in Chicago, continues to battle American League leader Jason Varitek as races remain tight and voting remains strong heading into the final hours of etopps All-Star Final Vote to determine the 32nd and final roster spots.

The deadline for voting is 6 p.m. ET tonight, and the final name for each league's roster will be announced shortly thereafter. Voting has been extremely heavy at MLB.com and ESPN.com, with a record of more than seven million ballots submitted as of 8 a.m. Tuesday. That was far beyond the three million submitted for last year's inaugural roster-completion program.

Varitek narrowly widened his lead overnight as the Boston catcher hopes to be on the All-Star team July 15 with rival catcher Jorge Posada of the Yankees. Thomas, hoping to ride the hometown and sentimental vote at the wire, was just behind Varitek. Yankees first baseman Jason Giambi moved into third place overnight. Following him are A's outfielder Eric Byrnes and Angels catcher Bengie Molina.

Thomas is looking to make his first All-Star roster since 1997, and he's campaigning on and off the field. Since June 2, the White Sox designated hitter/first baseman is hitting .347 (33-for-95) with 10 homers and 25 RBIs. This is the Big Hurt many people remember from those days when he was a Midsummer Classic fixture.

"I think I deserve to be there," Thomas said. "I think everybody canceled me out and said my career was basically over. But I'm still doing my thing, getting all the walks. I definitely voted for myself because of the adversity I had to go through to get back to this level."

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...r2003&fext=.jsp