Richard and Buehrle back to back

joeynach

Does anyone think that the fact that Richard follows Buehrle in the rotation makes things worse off for Richard. He has a similar style to buerhle and throws relatively similar in terms of style and stuff. So in Richards case, even though the teams havent seen him before, its like they have just seen a similar style the day before he pitches. Im not 100% sure but Id say its just not a good way to set Richard up being that he is up here for the first time ever and would have that "never seen before" advantage.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
Does anyone think that the fact that Richard follows Buehrle in the rotation makes things worse off for Richard. He has a similar style to buerhle and throws relatively similar in terms of style and stuff. So in Richards case, even though the teams havent seen him before, its like they have just seen a similar style the day before he pitches. Im not 100% sure but Id say its just not a good way to set Richard up being that he is up here for the first time ever and would have that "never seen before" advantage.

I totally agree with you. Today, he did exactly what Buehrle did yesterday. He was almost a carbon copy. Both southpaws, both work fast, and both served up meatballs right in the middle of the plate.

I don't think it's anything more than an excuse. If you can pitch, you can pitch against anyone, anywhere. Sox pitchers were leaving pitches up to a hot hitting Royals team. Even the pitches that weren't left up were hit hard. KC is hitting everything in sight right now. That said, the starting pitching looks awful and the bullpen looks worse. Boone looks especially lost out there, and it appears that we're going to lose D.J. for a couple of games.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
I don't think it's anything more than an excuse. If you can pitch, you can pitch against anyone, anywhere. Sox pitchers were leaving pitches up to a hot hitting Royals team. Even the pitches that weren't left up were hit hard. KC is hitting everything in sight right now. That said, the starting pitching looks awful and the bullpen looks worse. Boone looks especially lost out there, and it appears that we're going to lose D.J. for a couple of games.

I agree the bullpen is awful, I hated Massett. I figured that was addition by subtraction right there. Also Boone and Ehren are just not major league pitchers, I dont even think their stuff is good enough to fool/dominate major league hitting. Having Linebrink out really hurts. I wouldn't mind seeing KW shed the dead weight in the pen. Massett was a start he couldn't get anyone out, now its time to dump Boone and Ehren. Even if that means calling up Macdougal. I wouldnt mind seeing a pen of Jenks, Dotel, Linebrink, Thornton, Carrasco, Russell, Macdougal. Its highly unlikely they can be any worse than right now.