OK this division is pathetic

DonkeyKongerko

Minnesota I swear is matching us loss for loss. I dunno who is gonna be fired first now, Gardenhire or JM. If Terry Ryan is a better GM than KW he will probably get rid of Gardy before the end of this season. I am pretty sure Minny and the Sox were the only 2 teams that the so-called experts picked to win this crapshoot division this year. Right now both teams are in huge slumps and letting KANSAS CITY run away with the whole show. Give half the credit to Tony Pena maybe for doing it with a pretty sad pitching staff but the rest of the blame falls on these two pathetic teams of Chicago and Minnesota. Both of them have shown themselves to be one-hit wonders so far. It's a joke that we have a baseball league with divisions like the AL Central and the AL West coexisting.

I hereby declare the level of competition in this division to be Poor.

You just figured this out?  :bang

It's quite sad.  I said it in another post, but here it goes again.

Congratu-f***ing-lations Kansas City on your division championship. I will enjoy watching you get swept in the ALDS.  :fyou

I don't even know that the Royals will win the division. I just can't see a team with Lima and George as thier top 2 starters winning it. All the White Sox have to do is go on anothe 6 game winning streak(I know its saying a lot) and they will be back in this thing.

One thing to remember about firing JM is you have to have a replacement before you fire him. So who are we going to replace JM with. As of this moment I donm't see it being Backman, Valentime, or anyone else in the TV bussiness.

We are not going to fire JM during the season.  I just don't see that happening.

I agree,

Because right now who would we have to replace him. Bruce Kimm wouldn't because JM is his friend. Backman probaly could I just don't see a major league club full of veterans excepting him as a manager.(If we were a team like the Royals, D-Rays, or Tigers I could see it). That leaves us with Bobby V, the Hawk, and another possible canidate Kevin Kennedy. Bobby V and Kevin Kennedy both right now have better jobs on TV and Bobby V atleast(don't know about Kennedy) would be able to find a better manager job after the season. So that leaves me with the Hawk, and tell the truth does anyone really want the Hawk managering the Sox.

There may be more canidates out there that you can think of at this time, but those were the only ones I could think of.

I agree,

Because right now who would we have to replace him.  Bruce Kimm wouldn't because JM is his friend.  Backman probaly could I just don't see a major league club full of veterans excepting him as a manager.(If we were a team like the Royals, D-Rays, or Tigers I could see it). That leaves us with Bobby V, the Hawk, and another possible canidate Kevin Kennedy.  Bobby V and Kevin Kennedy both right now have better jobs on TV and Bobby V atleast(don't know about Kennedy) would be able to find a better manager job after the season.  So that leaves me with the Hawk, and tell the truth does anyone really want the Hawk managering the Sox. 

There may be more canidates out there that you can think of at this time, but those were the only ones I could think of.

Wally Backman is a respected major league veteran. If these guy6s can't respect him, they need to hang it up. And are you talking Hawk Harrelson???? No Way!

No, we aren't firing JM because JR doesn't want to pay for 2 managers at the same time like this.

And yes, I think the Royals, with Jose Lima and Chris George(don't forget Runelyvis Hernandez either) as their top pitchers could very easily win the division.

Can we come back? Sure. Play good baseball the rest of the year(like .525 or .550 baseball) and you can easily win it. I don't think we can do that.

We need speed at the top of the order, because we have the same situation that we had when DJ was here and playing well. We have a great #2 hitter. Only problem is, he is leading off.

Am I the only one here who noticed that since we have taken Rowand/Harris out of the everyday lineup, we have had a horrendous stretch of games?

No, we aren't firing JM because JR doesn't want to pay for 2 managers at the same time like this.

And yes, I think the Royals, with Jose Lima and Chris George(don't forget Runelyvis Hernandez either) as their top pitchers could very easily win the division. 

Can we come back?  Sure.  Play good baseball the rest of the year(like .525 or .550 baseball) and you can easily win it.  I don't think we can do that.

We need speed at the top of the order, because we have the same situation that we had when DJ was here and playing well.  We have a great #2 hitter.  Only problem is, he is leading off. 

Am I the only one here who noticed that since we have taken Rowand/Harris out of the everyday lineup, we have had a horrendous stretch of games?

No you are not the only one that noticed that. I felt like Rowand was just getting on a streak, and JM sits his ass. His stroke looked good and he was hitting the ball squarely.

Can we come back?  Sure.  Play good baseball the rest of the year(like .525 or .550 baseball) and you can easily win it.  I don't think we can do that.

We need speed at the top of the order, because we have the same situation that we had when DJ was here and playing well.  We have a great #2 hitter.  Only problem is, he is leading off. 

Yep, and when we started one in CF(Don't remember which one it was) we won our only game in the past 3 seris.

Konerko, Lee, or Daubach have to go and if it was up to me it would be Lee. He has the most trade value and would get us ome bullpen help if we traded him to the O's or Dodgers.

I agree,

Because right now who would we have to replace him.  Bruce Kimm wouldn't because JM is his friend.  Backman probaly could I just don't see a major league club full of veterans excepting him as a manager.(If we were a team like the Royals, D-Rays, or Tigers I could see it). That leaves us with Bobby V, the Hawk, and another possible canidate Kevin Kennedy.  Bobby V and Kevin Kennedy both right now have better jobs on TV and Bobby V atleast(don't know about Kennedy) would be able to find a better manager job after the season.  So that leaves me with the Hawk, and tell the truth does anyone really want the Hawk managering the Sox. 

Wally Backman is a respected major league veteran. If these guy6s can't respect him, they need to hang it up. And are you talking Hawk Harrelson???? No Way!

I will admit I don't know to much about Backman except he will be our or someone elses manager one day. And if it is true that you think they will except then I guess it would be ok to fire JM. Because we would have someone to replace him with.

That was my point on the Hawk. Hawk would be a horrible manager.

Yep, and when we started one in CF(Don't remember which one it was) we won our only game in the past 3 seris.

Konerko, Lee, or Daubach have to go and if it was up to me it would be Lee. He has the most trade value and would get us ome bullpen help if we traded him to the O's or Dodgers.

Both Lee and Kong are available. Kong could go to the Orioles for Kerry Lightenberg, and if we give them a prospect, (like Josh Stewart :huh: ) we might be able to get Ponson. And I'd gladly do a Mota and Shuey for Lee, Glover, and White deal, though I don't think they would.

Opens up a spot to put Everett in LF, Rowand/Harris in CF, and Daubach at DH with a start in LF and 1B every once in a while(Everett and Dauber just platoon in LF and at DH, while Dauber will, once a week, go to 1B, have Everett in LF, and Thomas DH).

Both Lee and Kong are available. Kong could go to the Orioles for Kerry Lightenberg, and if we give them a prospect, (like Josh Stewart :huh: ) we might be able to get Ponson. And I'd gladly do a Mota and Shuey for Lee, Glover, and White deal, though I don't think they would.

Opens up a spot to put Everett in LF, Rowand/Harris in CF, and Daubach at DH with a start in LF and 1B every once in a while(Everett and Dauber just platoon in LF and at DH, while Dauber will, once a week, go to 1B, have Everett in LF, and Thomas DH).

I don't see the O's taking Konerko unless the lose out on Dereck Lee who they are tring to trade Conine for. So the only way I see us trading Konerko to the O's if we except Conine back. And that wouldn't help us at all because it would give us another Right handed bat who can only play 1st, 3rd, and left.

Oh I like your other deal. But one problem I don't see it happing. The only way I see it happining is if we trade Lee for Mota or Shuey straight up.

Yansy, I agree with you Hawk would suck. I was just making a point earlier in a post.

I don't see the O's taking Konerko unless the lose out on Dereck Lee who they are tring to trade Conine for. So the only way I see us trading Konerko to the O's if we except Conine back. And that wouldn't help us at all because it would give us another Right handed bat who can only play 1st, 3rd, and left.

Oh I like your other deal. But one problem I don't see it happing. The only way I see it happining is if we trade Lee for Mota or Shuey straight up.

Yansy, I agree with you Hawk would suck. I was just making a point earlier in a post.

Conine's got a good bat. I'd take him. He'd be better then that piece of dog feces Paul Konerko

I kinda wish that the sox were in the east or west. Then, i could've given up on them in april. Instead, they play like s*** and remain in contention and i have this stupid thing called hope that they can gain some momentum after the all-star break. :bang

And if they do somehow get into the playoffs, we'll have to suffer a sweep at the hands of a far superior team. Hell, texas (last place in the west) could win this division if they were in it.

Also, if kc did end up winning this division, it would be the fourth division champion in 4 years.

2000-White Sox

2001-Indians

2002-Twins

2003-Royals?

That truly shows how wide-open this race is.

Look out for the Tigers next year! :lol:

Congratu-f***ing-lations Kansas City on your division championship. I will enjoy watching you get swept in the ALDS.  :fyou

I don't even know that the Royals will win the division. I just can't see a team with Lima and George as thier top 2 starters winning it. All the White Sox have to do is go on anothe 6 game winning streak(I know its saying a lot) and they will be back in this thing.

One thing to remember about firing JM is you have to have a replacement before you fire him. So who are we going to replace JM with. As of this moment I donm't see it being Backman, Valentime, or anyone else in the TV bussiness.

Can i borrow the drugs that you are on? Thanks. ;) :rolleyes:

Congratu-f***ing-lations Kansas City on your division championship.   I will enjoy watching you get swept in the ALDS.  :fyou

Can i borrow the drugs that you are on? Thanks. ;) :rolleyes:

So what did I say that isn't right.

We are still in the race because of the Royals pitching(thats true experts on TV say its true.).

And if you are going to fire someone it is always good to have a replacement on board before you do it.(Thats true also).