Joba's Mom Busted for Selling Meth

LINCOLN, Neb. -- The mother of New York Yankees pitcher Joba Chamberlain is jailed in Nebraska and facing a felony charge after being arrested on suspicion of selling methamphetamine to an undercover police officer in February.

Lincoln Police Capt. David Beggs said Monday that 44-year-old Jacqueline Standley was arrested at her apartment Saturday night.

Beggs said she allegedly sold 1 gram of a substance believed to be meth to an uncover officer for $110 on Feb. 11. The substance tested positive for meth in testing at the state laboratory.

She was charged Monday with delivery of an exceptionally hazardous drug. Her bail was set at $5,000, and she was assigned a public defender, whose name was not on her jail record.

I know he's had his own troubles, but I still admire the obstacles he's overcome in his life.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ May 5, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
Now I understand it, his mom is f'ed up. That's why she named her kid "Joba".

I was curious to why his name was Joba, so I checked it out on Wikipedia. Turns out it was his cousin who came up with the name, and his Dad liked it, stole it, and ran with it:

When Joba (then Justin) was a little boy, his two-year-old cousin was unable to pronounce her brother (Joba's other cousin) Joshua's name correctly, pronouncing it as Joba instead. Harlan Chamberlain (Joba's dad) heard this and liked the nickname, so he began referring to Justin (instead of cousin Joshua) as Joba. Harlan said the name was "dynamic." Joba agreed, and eventually had his name legally changed
Edited by smalls2598