defensive replacements

RNemz43

i was wondering why jm put harris in center instead of rowand in the 9th inning? did rowand pinch run or pinch hit or anything? they obviously kept everett in the game in case the a's tied it up, as everett was leading off the next inning. when did willie harris become a better defensive center fielder than aaron rowand?

i was wondering why jm put harris in center instead of rowand in the 9th inning? did rowand pinch run or pinch hit or anything? they obviously kept everett in the game in case the a's tied it up, as everett was leading off the next inning.  when did willie harris become a better defensive center fielder than aaron rowand?

Good question...From what I know Rowand was available...

i was wondering why jm put harris in center instead of rowand in the 9th inning? did rowand pinch run or pinch hit or anything? they obviously kept everett in the game in case the a's tied it up, as everett was leading off the next inning.  when did willie harris become a better defensive center fielder than aaron rowand?

Willie is faster and can catch up with more balls.

this wasn't day in and day out - this was one inning today and with all the action in center field tonight, makes sense to go with speed - plus since everett stayed in, then willie was batting in lee's place in the order, I am guesing? so that would factor in I suppose as better speed aboard if needed - but then you could pinch run harris for that...

so I guess it comes down to including JM's wanting to play everyone when he can so they aren't all stale when needed and you aren't about to substitute harris for r alomar for defensive reasons, and center is where harris does best in the outfield