Clarification

Bmr31

I think this team is dumb. I think this team has poor leadership. I think this team does not give 100 percent. Those are the qualifications i have for saying they lack heart. Talent wise, this is a 100 win team. OBVIOUSLY, something is lacking.

Jiminez lacked heart. He gave up on plays and didn't try hard. Right now, you lack heart. You are a quitter and are giving up on your team. When you say the Sox lack heart, that's like saying you know for a fact that every player on that team goes out there and doesn't try to win the game. If you want to say you don't think the Sox can win with the talent on the field because they are Managed wrong, or don't have a mixture of different types of talent, fine. But don't say they are going out there and aren't playing to the best of their ability to win.

I think the lack of heart and effort is bulls***.

this team has been upbeat all season considering the way they've played.

they have simply lost a series to the Angels, it has little to do with heart.

look at the entire team and you see guys who can work hard. do all bust their asses? hell no, but no team has that.

Valentin, Everett, Lee, Ordonez, Konerko, all of them have worked hard. it has nothing to do with effort, they have simply lost three out of four games.

they wasted chances in game one, but fought back in the end.

they won game two, playing all-round baseball

they lost game three in a game you can't complain about, it was a great game where they showed good defense and pitching.

yesterday's game was bad in that Garland was hit early and the offense did nothing to help. then, Manuel pulls Garland in the seventh, leading to an additional two runs. the Sox scored a run in the eighth and threatened in the ninth.

effort is not the problem.

yesterday's game was bad in that Garland was hit early and the offense did nothing to help.  then, Manuel pulls Garland in the seventh, leading to an additional two runs.  the Sox scored a run in the eighth and threatened in the ninth.

We fall behind early, seemingly don't care for several innings, then all of a sudden put a rally together at the end. This has been done SEVERAL times this season, and I hate it. It happened in Monday's Angel game (where we all of a sudden started CRUSHING the ball off of one of the better closers in the game), only to lose 10-8 after having the bases loaded and 1 out. Then, last night, they gave us some false hope, only to let the "rally" die with us still 4 down.

I don't think Bmr is talking about just last night's game -- he's been saying this team lacks heart and that "killer instinct" for months now.

Something was certainly wrong prior to the interleague games...this team was asleep. I don't know if they were pressing or if it's true that KW is no longer at the helm "inside the organization" and Einhorn is now running things...Or what the heck was wrong. But since then they have been fine.

Do they still have some games where I scratch my head? Sure. I turned on last night's game after my two little ones were asleep and it was 3-0 Angels...I turned the game off and went to bed. I figured they were asleep, I might as well get some rest. Why do they have games like that? Dunno. But they also have recently had a 16-4 stretch, so maybe that's how they have a bad game or two.

I understand what your point was in this post, BMR. I just don't think you can say it's over, they have no heart. Not yet. It's waaay too early to declare victory or defeat for any of the three teams.

Forkit!

I think this team is dumb.  think this team has poor leadership.  I think this team does not give 100 percent.

I agree with you Bmr. I think this team has shown for us in this season some glimpses of heart. Not every game. Agst the Tigers when we get swept it was obvious (and those games can cost us in the end of the season).

Talent wise, this is a 100 win team.

100 wins is too much, 90 wins and a good 5 game lead in the division.