Headed out to "The K"

DonkeyKongerko

The first thing I would bring is the chick on your avatar ... who is she?

The second thing I would bring is some of that good KC barbeque. There's a terrific place near the ballpark called LC's BBQ, it's one of the best I've ever been to. They let you bring food into the park.

Also, near the 12th and Vine area is Arthur Bryant's, a legendary BBQ place. The neighborhood looks a little rough but it's quite safe, especially during the daytime. Arthur Bryants is at 16th and Brooklyn ... and if you go six blocks further south, you'll be at the former site of Municipal Stadium, where the KC A's played from 1955 to 1967 and then the Royals from 1968 to 1971. The site is partly a vacant lot and partly a community garden ... the only reminder a ballpark ever stood at the site is a sign which says "Old Ballpark Community Garden". If you happen to go to the corner of 22nd and Brooklyn, it will be hard for you to imagine major league baseball was played there at one time ... it looks really small. The corner of 22nd where it intersects with Brooklyn is where right field used to be.

At Arthur Bryants, any of the bbq sandwiches are great, and I like the ribs too.

We always stayed in Westport, which is midtown ... great nightlife, try Kelly's Westport Tavern, right in the heart of Westport. Lots of Sox players go there after the games ... we met Frank, Jim Parque, Jeff Abbott, Wil Cordero, and a bunch of guys there back in '98.

Some other great bbq places there: Gates (a chain but very good and inexpensive), my favorite though is Rosedale BBQ, not far from Westport and in business since 1934, just over the Kansas border.

I was there for opening day and the entire series...we sat third base side behind the Sox dugout. The stadium is beautiful for its age and I had a really great time...I stayed at the Adams Mark Hotel which is accross the street from the stadium...Its a nice place (nothing Plush but it served the purpose) and the location was ideal (within walking distance). Kaufmann is located more in the suburbs of K.C. rather than directly in the city...Have a great time and I wish I could go with you! For the most part the fans are ok...I was dressed in full sox gear with two friends and we never got harrassed once...

Hope you have a great time,

G

I was there for opening day and the entire series...we sat third base side behind the Sox dugout. The stadium is beautiful for its age and I had a really great time...I stayed at the Adams Mark Hotel which is accross the street from the stadium...Its a nice place (nothing Plush but it served the purpose) and the location was ideal (within walking distance). Kaufmann is located more in the suburbs of K.C. rather than directly in the city...Have a great time and I wish I could go with you! For the most part the fans are ok...I was dressed in full sox gear with two friends and we never got harrassed once...

Hope you have a great time,

G

That was the first series of the year....this one is the last. They may not be as nice, but let's hope they are.