Shane Reynolds

Chisoxfn

I brought up his name in the past as a possiblity of someone KW may go after and that possibility became more of a reality as the Astros declined his option making him a free agent.

Now I know he's coming off an injury, but he was an All Star in 2000 or 2001 and to me he sounds just like someone KW would go after. He should be willing to accept an incentive laden one to two year deal. He is a veteran who is known as a leader and has a great attitude.

Those are a couple things he's preached and of course the most important thing is he should come cheap.

Personally I'd be happy with this move, because I tend to think veterans can come back from injuries easier then youngsters(Not Recover Faster), but come back and regain their form faster because they already know how to pitch and get away without having their best stuff.

Plus, even if he sucks, I could definately see him helping our youngsters out as he's a very smart pitcher.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Personally I'd be happy with this move, because I tend to think veterans can come back from injuries easier then youngsters(Not Recover Faster), but come back and regain their form faster because they already know how to pitch and get away without having their best stuff.

lmao.. tell that to dave wells, sirotka, parque and others... im sure they will appreciate it.........:o

Wells recovered from his back surgery real quickly. He came in this season with the Yanks and flat out pitched and did a good job of it.

Now Sirotka and Parque, neither were really veterans and Mike had injury complications. Like I say, once they are healthy I think its easier for a veteran to come back.

Guest hotsoxchick1

liten up jas it was a joke.... lol.......and im sure wells will apreciate you saying he did well espically in that 5th inning of that final game in the playoffs.... omg that was a classic im still lmao to this day about the whole thing.........:D

I actually wouldn't mind Reynolds. I was a fan of his a few years back when he was healthy.

Also, I don't think he would terrible to the point where he wouldn't be productive. If you really look at our rotation for next year, we have maybe 3 definates. If he comes in throws a consistent 5.00 ERA, that would be better than anything else.

I doubt he can be a strong #2, but he's capable of 4.50 ERA with 10-14 wins.

But like you said jas, he's a smart vet.

Sign him for one year with an option for the second.

Exactly. I'm not annoiting him an ace, but I definately think he could be a solid 3 or 4 throughout the season and in all honesty a solid 3 or 4 on most staffs would be our #2. I'm not saying he'll pitch like a number 2, but he'll provide innings, an the opportunity to win games as well as veteran leadership.