AAP: Brady Shoemaker

• 3 weeks later...

55 plate appearances so far, enough that it might be worth looking a little at the numbers... and Brady is killing AA pitching, to the tune of .354/.466/.646/1.111. So much for struggling in transition. I'm sure his numbers won't stay quite that gaudy, but, it is impressive. He's getting closer and closer to the point where you have to consider him a legit prospect.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 08:10 AM)
55 plate appearances so far, enough that it might be worth looking a little at the numbers... and Brady is killing AA pitching, to the tune of .354/.466/.646/1.111. So much for struggling in transition. I'm sure his numbers won't stay quite that gaudy, but, it is impressive. He's getting closer and closer to the point where you have to consider him a legit prospect.

I would say so. All he's done is hit well at every level.

• 1 month later...

Brady split the 2012 season between Winston-Salem (78 games) and Birmingham (56 games). For the Dash, Brady hit .331. At Birmingham his average fell to .254 though he maintained a very nice .408 OBP. Combined numbers for the season have Shoemaker with a .300 BA and .416 OBP, .902 OPS; 91 runs, 35 2B, 1 3B, 17 HR, 85 RBI.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...