FS The Silo: Sad about Jake Burger? Enjoin your sorrows here

NorthSideSox72

5 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Are you sad about Jake Burger's unfortunate re-injury? You can read this and, well, you might not be any less sad. But at least you can further explore the depths of White Sox prospect history in the act.

It's a nice article but the injuries are really two very different things. Achilles injuries happen all the time and there are standard protocols for repairs and rehab. Psoterior tib injuries are much more rare and the surgeries and rehab are far less standard.

The function of the achilles is a big thick tendon built to sustain a great deal of force. It  adds force to running and jumping and absorbs the force of landing. The posterior tib is primarily responsible for attenuating forces throughout the foot and lower leg by controlling the lowering of the arch and rotation of the lower leg.

While they are both tendon injuries they are vastly different in morphology and function thus vastly different surgeries and rehab.

BTW: I like the reference to Real Genius under your name.

Edited by ptatc

38 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's a nice article but the injuries are really two very different things. Achilles injuries happen all the time and there are standard protocols for repairs and rehab. Psoterior tib injuries are much more rare and the surgeries and rehab are far less standard.

The function of the achilles is a big thick tendon built to sustain a great deal of force. It  adds force to running and jumping and absorbs the force of landing. The posterior tib is primarily responsible for attenuating forces throughout the foot and lower leg by controlling the lowering of the arch and rotation of the lower leg.

While they are both tendon injuries they are vastly different in morphology and function thus vastly different surgeries and rehab.

BTW: I like the reference to Real Genius under your name.

Thanks as always for the color. Very useful, though I think Julie was only half-serious with the comparison and went out of her way to say they were Different. I guess I should have had Julie get in touch with you for input!

And nice work knowing the reference, I think you are the first to notice.

9 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Thanks as always for the color. Very useful, though I think Julie was only half-serious with the comparison and went out of her way to say they were Different. I guess I should have had Julie get in touch with you for input!

And nice work knowing the reference, I think you are the first to notice.

She did say saywere different injuries.

Im willingly to help with questions if i can. Feel free to tell everyone.

I love that movie. It came out when i was in college.