Bill Murray is still a Cubs fan

TBrown54

15 hours ago, TBrown54 said:

Nothing going on with the off day so I thought I would just say something positive.

Except on this night:

July 31, 1991 - The white hot White Sox capped off a sizzling month with one of the most dramatic moments in team history. The Sox trailed the Rangers 8-6 going into the bottom of the ninth inning. Texas brought in former Sox All Star pitcher Rich "Goose" Gossage to close things out. But the goose got cooked on this night as with two out, Robin Ventura hammered a grand slam into the right field stands winning the game 10-8.

A full house, which included noted Cub fan Bill Murray sitting almost behind home plate, went wild as Ventura was bodily lifted off the ground by massive Frank Thomas in a celebration hug at home plate.

• Like 2

Yeah Cubs were stumbling back then, and Sox had captured the town's attention with rising stars, esp Frank, and that innaugural season at new Comiskey; I think it remains  team attendance record for a season.  

Edited by TBrown54
Typo