Bennett Sousa

Colome's Hat

It's an insanely small sample size (2 games) but could this guy adequately replace Crochet in the Bullpen this year?  I've been impressed.  What is this guy's story?  He's been impressive so far, both in the first two games and in Spring Training.  And I feel like finding a diamond in the rough can happen for the Bullpen.

Discount signing in the 10th round of the 2018 draft. He was a slightly old senior who had walk issues during college. Last season he split time between AA and AAA pitching a little over 20 innings at each. AA had his walk rate about 5 per 9 and then in AAA it was at 2 per 9. To me that indicates that he can be prone to losing his feel for long stretches of time.

I wouldn't pencil him into any spot and would operate assuming we need to buy a LHP at the trade deadline. He would be the last of the depth relievers I'd send down as other players recover from injury, but I'd want three months of superb work before we can rely on him to take a playoff roster spot.