General Managers vs. Agents

Jim Fainter

I just don't get it. Agents are always outsmarting the GM's. Latest example: I just read in today's paper that Kansas City signed Albie Lopez for $1.5...........MILLION. Why? This guy has been in the bigs for ten years and has one good year to show for it (1999/Tampa Bay/7-4/2.60/79 innings). Last year he was awful with the Braves. Why would a small market team give 1.5 large to this slug? What was the GM smoking?

I just don't get it.  Agents are always outsmarting the GM's.  Latest example:  I just read in today's paper that Kansas City signed Albie Lopez for $1.5...........MILLION.  Why?  This guy has been in the bigs for ten years and has one good year to show for it (1999/Tampa Bay/7-4/2.60/79 innings).  Last year he was awful with the Braves.  Why would a small market team give 1.5 large to this slug?  What was the GM smoking?

Its simple, if you are going to go to a losing team you expect to get more money. If your going to a winning team, they are willing to take 500k less or so.

Still, that was pathetic, 1.5 mil for Albie Lopez, haaa. Way to go Royals, looks like your on the way to the AL Central Title ;)