DONT TRADE LEE

soxfan420

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol except for lee fumbles around the outfield once in a while and i dont think frank even remembers what the infield looks like except for when he runs the bases lol....

The Sox aren't going to trade Lee..... not until the 2003 season has begun anyway for a few reasons. Right now we have a hole in the OF. Unless Borchard does a 180 in ST, I don't see him making the team. More than likely, Borchard will begin the 2003 season in AAA leaving us, right now, with a starting OF of Lee, Rowand, and Maggs. Trade Lee and, for all intents and purposes, you have two holes in the OF..... and a starting 2003 OF of probably Liefer, Rowand, and Maggs. At this point, the Sox Organization shouldn't rush the progress of Borchard. He is only 22 and has plenty of time to improve and show us what he can do later on in his career. Crede had two stints before his call-up this year. He failed to produce in the first two call-ups because he was used in spot starts. Borchard is the type of prospect that, like Crede, needs to play everyday. He isn't going to get that if the OF situation of right now doesn't improve. The only way I'd be for a Lee trade, right now, is if we can package him in a deal to acquire a PROVEN, VETERAN, MORE CAREER WINS THAN LOSSES starting pitcher.

I don't think we can deal foulke just like that.

Right now, Foulke is set to make 6 million dollars. He hasn't closed effectively since last season, despite his success this year, and it is unknown where he can start. are people really going to give what he's worth?

Guest hotsoxchick1

cubkilla at a heafty 5 mil sign on bonus i do not think they will let borchard waste away another year down in the minors...just mho... they see he can play defense.. and im sure will work on his swing in the off season to get him ready... we need to move lee now to make room for him.....and since franks going nowhere anytime soon there is no need for lee to be here....as for foulke his future here is uncertian right now...even he dont know if hes going to come back or not.... just dump him and lets bring up valentine....or even almonte for that matter.... we have enough closers down on the farm who are ready to go now....im sick and tired of dicking around waiting on these guys.. use em and let the high bucks go .....maybe we can gain a decient vet or two out of it....

why i have not seen anything spectacular from Borchard from wut i saw he has done nothing in MLB and i dont really think we can give up lee until we know he can play he has way to many k's even in AAA over 100 in the minors i belive thats alot and that is something he needs to work on in the minors not MLB

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok now we have a bet here... i say he wont ... you say he will .. no editing now its all down here and i have it saved on disc.....lol... lets see who wins... although i already know the outcome of this one... i will prevail.......:P