Wow, we might get Colon

Kempers

Tribune

Chicago Tribune is also reporting the 3 way deal between Yankees, Expos, and White Sox.

It also says it hinges on the White Sox getting Hernandez, and then trading him to the Expos with Liefer for Colon.

An executive with another major-league club said Tuesday that the Sox and Montreal Expos are close to agreeing on a deal for Colon. Another major-league source said it could hinge on general manager Ken Williams obtaining excess starter Orlando Hernandez from the Yankees and sending him to the Expos, with New York paying most of his salary.

Seems multiple GM sources are reporting that this trade is definitely in the works, if we can get Colon at the price of Leifer and a few prospects to the Yankees, or even possibly a reliever, it would be quite an addition.

SB

The comment in Roger's column about picking up Flash Gordon is interetsting. One, he's a pretty good pitcher. Two, he is probably going to free up someone in our bullpen to send to the Yankees. My guess is that it will Marte, though I hope not.

I'd still much rather have Vasquez, but nothing has even happened with this deal yet so I guess we'll have to see.  Depending on the minor leaguers, it could be a decent or very s***ty deal.

Whether or not this deal is s***ty or decent depends on whether or not we can sign Colon to a long term deal, IMO....

If we even get him.