Question

CWSOX45

Hey all-

I haven't been posting much this off-season but have been keeping an eye on what's been going on around at the Winter meetings. As usual the Sox haven't done much except acquiring Juan Uribe.

Here is where my question comes in, with all this talk of Maggs being dealt to Seattle how much does Garcia make a year? I also heard Rafael Soriano's name mentioned. If we got Soriano I wouldn't be as upset to see Maggs go. A pen consisting of Soriano and Marte is just disgusting. As for Garcia I heard that he becomes a free agent on the 20th if he is not offered arbitration, can anyone verify this?

If we were to acquire Garcia, do you think the Sox would still pursue trading Konerko for Perez? With the acquisition of Weaver I heard Evans will be looking to move him for the best offensive player he can get.

There's also the rumor that the Sox offered Ponson a 3 year 18 million dollar contract.

I know it's highly unlikely the Sox will get two of these three guys let alone one.

However I was wondering does anyone know anything about the contract status of Perez?

CWSOX45