Rule 5 Draft

HighHeat45

ok, ive never heard of either of them so thats good

Storey I've never heard of, but I have heard of Holt. I know he was involved in the Koch trade, and I think that he holds some kind of NCAA home run record. If you are curious enough to figure it out, either look it up, or ask Cerb. He'll know.

Storey I've never heard of, but I have heard of Holt.  I know he was involved in the Koch trade, and I think that he holds some kind of NCAA home run record.  If you are curious enough to figure it out, either look it up, or ask Cerb.  He'll know.

Ya, Holt was a big time college hitter for Texas or Texas A&M but since then he hasn't been much of anything in the minors.

Before coming to the Sox, he showed a little potential (like he was going to find it) but all the potential went down the drain when he bombed this year. He's already old and still couldn't suceed in AA, having to go back to A ball.

As far as Storey, I'd say he's better then holt, but neither are major league prospects. Storey is a solid minor leaguer in the sense that he can be a good piece to help a minor league team win.

Ya, Holt was a big time college hitter for Texas or Texas A&M but since then he hasn't been much of anything in the minors.

Before coming to the Sox, he showed a little potential (like he was going to find it) but all the potential went down the drain when he bombed this year.  He's already old and still couldn't suceed in AA, having to go back to A ball. 

As far as Storey, I'd say he's better then holt, but neither are major league prospects.  Storey is a solid minor leaguer in the sense that he can be a good piece to help a minor league team win.

Alright, thanks Jas for filling in for me.

We lost nothing important, and got Grilli, who sounds to be a pretty good pitcher. Do you think we'll keep him?

Alright, thanks Jas for filling in for me.

We lost nothing important, and got Grilli, who sounds to be a pretty good pitcher.  Do you think we'll keep him?

My best guess is the Sox are going to let him fight for the 5th spot (Unless they add two starters) or a back of the end bullpen slot. If he doesn't pitch well in spring training, they'll probably let him back to Florida.

If he pitches his butt off, they will either put him on the roster or try to work out a deal with the Marlins where they can keep him and let him pitch in AAA. I got a feeling Rauch is gonna get dealt this offseason, which means the Sox would need something in the upper levels.

He's gonna be given a shot and he's got good stuff. It will be easier to call after he pitches a few times in Tuscon.

My best guess is the Sox are going to let him fight for the 5th spot (Unless they add two starters) or a back of the end bullpen slot.  If he doesn't pitch well in spring training, they'll probably let him back to Florida.

If he pitches his butt off, they will either put him on the roster or try to work out a deal with the Marlins where they can keep him and let him pitch in AAA.  I got a feeling Rauch is gonna get dealt this offseason, which means the Sox would need something in the upper levels. 

He's gonna be given a shot and he's got good stuff.  It will be easier to call after he pitches a few times in Tuscon.

I hope he looks good and pitches well. He sounds like he was a hell of a prospect at one time. I hope he comes through and makes it. At this point, we could use another break. If Grilli can come in and put up Jon Garland like numbers, I would be ecstatic.