What about Millwood

Dsavmonster

It doesnt take a baseball expert ot figure out that the main concern of the white sox is pitching. Since we lost Bartolo, we need a great pitcher to lead the rest of the staff. I was thinking about kevin millwood. Is there another availiable player that we could add to the roster that would be just as good? or not

First off, welcome you 2 to the boards!!! :cheers

As for Millwood...I don't see him as being anywhere near worth where he and his agent have valued his services. Being in South Carolina, I got to see Millwood every 5th day and heard all about him all the time. In Atlanta, he was never real consistent at all, and I cant see paying 12-15 mill per season for a guy with the makeup of Kevin Millwood. As for Ponson, I'm still a little concerned about us getting him, but I also know that we need someone, and he fits the bill at around $6 mil per. It all starts with moving some of Konerko/Valentin/Koch/Maggs.

Yeah I agree Millwood isn't worth the 12-15 million he is looking for...Ponson if that offer is true (which I highly doubt it is) he wants 18 mil over 3 years....I still say wait for Garcia and take your chances with him , I still think he has a lot left ..

p.s. capt 12 you are from south carolina??? bc I am to , where abouts are you from

I think Millwood is probably too expensive.

Understatement of the year; Boras is reportedly looking for 13-14 Mill a YEAR. I wouldn't pay 8 Mill for him. But then again, I am stupid like that, not paying 1/7th of the entire payroll for a pitcher who'd be lucky to have a 4.00 ERA in a hitter's park in AL.

Yeah I agree Millwood isn't worth the 12-15 million he is looking for...Ponson if that offer is true (which I highly doubt it is) he wants 18 mil over 3 years....I still say wait for Garcia and take your chances with him , I still think he has  a lot left ..

p.s. capt 12 you are from south carolina??? bc I am to , where abouts are you from

where abouts are you from

I'm in KY and I know a southerner when I hear one. Welcome to Soxtalk. :cheers

Millwood is supposed to be accepting arbitration from philly. I wish we had that luck with colon. With millwood accepting arb. the phillies are going to be awsome in the national league one of the best there. They did alot of aquasititons this winter so far revamped there whole bullpen and i think they got a starting pitcher also.

Millwood is supposed to be accepting arbitration from philly.  I wish we had that luck with colon. With millwood accepting arb. the phillies are going to be awsome in the national league one of the best there. They did alot of aquasititons this winter so far revamped there whole bullpen and i think they got a starting pitcher also.

Yeah they got Eric Milton from the Twinkie