Nossek big Sox Void

Cali

Just cause you don't like Ozzie, doesn't mean you have to blame him.  I don't know whether Ozzie will be good or bad, but Nossek is staying in the organization, but has health issues.  I don't think their is another meaning behind this.

I don't care at all for Ozzie as manager but I cannot believe that Ozzie being manager has anything to do with Nossek stepping down now as bench coach - Joe has been with us far too long and far too loyal to "quit" during spring training for any other reason than what is stated - health reasons. I take this one at total face value.

Sometiomes things really happen and this is one of them. I am sure oif Nossek had a choice he would have announced towards the end of the season and we could have had a day for him and the manager and GM would have plenty of time to interview for a new bench coach.

As it is, the suddeness of the announcement says it is for real and I wish Nossek the best always.

And Baines may well ahve been the best choice given whatever circumstances.

It is curious that for all the "unhappy" players who "hate" JR and "hate" the organization that we read about on Sox sports boards that we have a very large contingent of exSox players on the coaching staff, from GM on down.

I also preffered that we hired a bench coach with experience. But there is no way in hell that I'm going to criticize Harold Baines without giving him a fair and legitimate shot. He was too good and too classy (still is) for too long in a White Sox uniform for be the recipent of undeserved critcism. Also, criticizing the Sox for hiring is a backhanded slap at Harold which is also undeserved.

Ya, afterall Ozzie made him have injuries.

I never said or implied that "Ozzie made him have injuries." What I did say was this:

"This is what happens when a buffoon like Ozzie becomes manager. All of a sudden, just sitting in a dugout, stealing signs becomes too much of a burden to bear. If Manuel was still the manager, Nossek would still be bench coach and we wouldn't be hearing anything about aches and pains."

Here's something interesting: the talk is about Nossek becoming a scout for the Sox. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't scouting involve sitting in the stands? How is that any different or for that matter less painful than sitting in a dugout?

As for the aches and pains business, consider this: Let's say that you are the Sox bench coach. You also have arthritis and it hurts, but you love both baseball and the Sox so much, it really doesn't matter. Your boss is Jerry Manuel who both respects you and listens to you. Now, all of a sudden, Manuel is replaced by Ozzie Guillen who doesn't really listen to you or respect you. Isn't it possible that you would not be willing to go through the pain just to put up with Ozzie?

There is definitely a lot more to the Nossek resignation than the Sox have let on.

I hated to see Nossek resign, but I like the Harold hire. He might be the perfect compliment to Ozzie's style.

I really like that the Sox are loading up the staff with ex - Sox players, guys who give a crap about the organization they are working for. This might be a good way to build some tradition and some "White Sox attitude" for the players, the organization and the fans as well. It's why I've always been proud to be a Sox fan cause our fans got an edge...I'd like to see the organization get that edge too. Build on the fact we're perceived as 2nd citizens in the Second City. Stop whining about it and turn it into an advantage, Us against the world attitude. Hell, I've always felt like that surrounded by dumn cub fans my whole life.

Here's something interesting: the talk is about Nossek becoming a scout for the Sox. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't scouting involve sitting in the stands? How is that any different or for that matter less painful than sitting in a dugout?

I read somewhere on this board that he was going to be an advance scout for the team, using DirectTV and his recliner as his basic tools.