Rosenthal responds to the Twins as #1 overall

witesoxfan

What he's not taking into account is that the only solid(not good, but solid) starter we had for half the year was Buehrle....in the second half, Wright was pitching better and from August on(after Lofton was gone) the team started to play better ball. This year, we have a top 3 1-2 punch in the AL, good 3-5 starters, and a much better bullpen(on paper)....our lineup is better than it was last year and our bench is deeper. The Twins lost a very good arm in Mike Jackson and lost a good, but very streaky and K-proned, bat in David Ortiz and replaced Jackson with Fetters and Ortiz with a minor league signing of Chris Gomez....however, the Twins do have a very deep lineup, though their rotation is weak....I figured the Twins would be smart enough to trade Radke this offseason for some very good talent and then use Santana out of the pen while making a few other signings to shore up the pen....it makes no sense why they didn't do that.

Still though....the Twins at #1 is stupid as hell....who gives a s*** about their upside....the A's would kick the s*** out of the Twins in a SEVEN game series and the Yanks would kick the s*** out of them in a SEVEN game series....hell, I like our chances of kicking the s*** out of them in a SEVEN game series....any team could win a goddamn FIVE game series...I could honestly see a team like the D-Rays beating a team like the Athletics in a 5-game series....all that matters is that you're hot and the other team is not.

I also guess he doesn't realize that we have a bigger upside than the Twins do....MHO anyways...I guess he is a Twins fan.

I think everyone is underestimating the Twins rotation.

Lohse pitched really well late last season. He looked great against the Sox especially. They also have Radke whose good when healthy, Joe Mays and Eric Milton as well as Rick Reed. None of them wow ya, but they are all quality pitchers.

Our season will depend on how we do in head to head games with the Twinkies. If the Twinkies beat us like a drum again, the season will be just like bad whiskey. I think our players realize that. And I would rather have Rauch on the mound than Kenny Rogers. If we can afford Rogers, give the money to Mark Buerhle.

Rosenthal's mailbag

3rd question down....that is yours truly....Blake Simon. :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

There is also a little blip down near the bottom of the page that tells that the White Sox would like to get Kenny Rogers, but payroll is a problem.

Wow, thats pretty cool. Too bad you got a lousy answer. If Rosenthal was looking at upside I dont see how he could put the Sox that low. He a liar!